The leg under the knee is draining behind
Most often the patient is treated with painin the knee that are located above or below the knee, laterally or behind the joint. Let's take a closer look at why the knees ache in these zones, and also how to treat the painful sensations.
Painful sensations from hip to knee
Any pain signals that in the bodythere was a problem. If the pain in the leg is not associated with a trauma or a fall, you must necessarily make an appointment with such a doctor as an orthopedist or rheumatologist. Symptoms and causes of pain from the hip to the knee:
- If the cause of pain iscoxarthrosis, the disease affects the area of the knees and buttocks. Pain appears during walking. When a person goes to rest, she disappears. With coxarthrosis, the patient moves with difficulty. When he wants to lift his leg to his chest, there is a crunch in his joint. If the disease is not treated, the diseased leg may become shorter than the healthy one;
- Pain due to dying of the hip boneprovoke the development of necrosis of the femoral head. The disease develops rapidly. The external surface of the thigh hurts. Despite this, the patient can easily move around and does not hear a crunch in the joints;
- When the spine is injured, pain occurs in the area of the hip and after a while moves down to the lower limbs. Especially strong numbness and burning sensation in the leg is noticeable during night sleep;
- Painful sensations, numbness and burning canappear due to rheumatic polymyalgia, which develops as a complication after the flu. This disease is characterized by high body temperature, weakness and constant pain in the shoulder area. This complication after the flu is very rare;
- Pain in the leg at night can also talk about a disease like arthritis. Arthritis can be different and accordingly have different causes of development;
- Damage to ligaments and muscles;
- Infectious lesions of bones.
From the above, it can be seen that pain above the knee,numbness and burning sensation in the leg can appear not only because of the damage of the joint itself, but also because of other serious diseases. Pain in the knee area may occur due to the inflammatory process in small blood vessels. This phenomenon is called vasculitis.
Proceeding from this, it is possible to draw a small conclusion -since the causes of the appearance of pain above the knee are diverse, the exact diagnosis and correct treatment should be determined by the doctor. Most often, therapists are recommended to visit the osteopath, which treats the body's disease in a complex manner.
Pain from the side of the knee
The pain from the side of the knee arises from the getting of microtraumas and stretching during sports. Painful sensations on the side of the joint can be echoes of joint damage even in childhood.
With inflammation of the joint due to infection, the patient feels pain, numbness and burning not only on the side of the knee, but also in the entire leg.
Why the joints hurt from behind, the doctor can determine, carefully studying all the symptoms and examining all the results of the necessary tests.
The causes of pain behind the knee:
- A cyst can form behind the kneeBaker. Most often it appears after forty years, when the synovial membrane becomes inflamed and the synovial fluid begins to accumulate inside the knee. With this disease, there is numbness and burning sensation in the knee, the patient can hardly move his foot, and the joint begins to swell and when pressed, it hurts;
- Behind the knee, his legs ache due to the development of cystsmeniscus. In the area of the meniscus, a cavity is formed, which is filled with fluid and, when pressed, brings severe pain to the patient. Often because of the heavy burden on the legs, this pathology occurs in athletes and people who are engaged in heavy physical work;
- Pains in the popliteal fossa speak about the detachment of the horn of the meniscus due to trauma or other infectious, inflammatory or degenerative factors;
- Because of the swelling of the tendons and ligaments, pulling pains at the back of the knee may occur. Such a situation may appear due to physical overstrain.
Back pain of the knee may occur due to an infectious nature, a tibial nerve tumor, popliteal artery aneurysm or popliteal vein thrombosis.
Diagnosis of diseases that provoke pain
To understand why joint pain is importantmake diagnosis of diseases. To this end, the doctor appoints to undergo roentgenography, computed tomography, arthroscopy, MRI and other similar studies. Be sure to make a laboratory analysis of the patient's blood. to the table of contents ↑
Pain above the knee is treated withconservative methods - manual therapy, physiotherapy exercises, physical procedures and other manipulations. Do not self-medicate with ointments, because not all diseases can warm the skin. In some situations, such activities can become hazardous to health. Before the medical examination and consultation with the neurologist is not recommended to go to the sauna and rub the painful legs.
Treatment of pain from the side of the knee is carried out usingarthroscopy or endoprosthetics. With the help of arthroscopy, the knee is examined inside, and also its treatment. With the help of endoprosthetics, partial or complete replacement of the knee joint with special prostheses.
Conservative treatment methods treat numbness and burning sensation in the knee with Baker's cyst:
- With the help of puncture of the knee joint, excess synovial fluid is pumped out and anti-inflammatory drugs are injected;
- Also, the joint is fixed with elastic bandages or elastic patella;
- Treatment of the disease that caused the development of synovitis is under way.
In addition to the above-described measures, it is important to limit the physical load on the lower limbs. If Baker's cyst has a neglected form, it is removed only by performing an operation.
Treatment of small cysts is carried out in this way:
- The patient takes painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs to quench pain;
- The patient tries not to heavily burden the joint.
If the listed methods of treatment do not bringresult and cyst begins to increase in size, the doctor resorts to surgical intervention. During the operation, the specialist removes the affected sections of the meniscus with the help of endoscopic arthroscopy.
Numbness, burning and painful sensations in the knees are treated by observing rest. To achieve it, try not to stir the joint. Once again do not bend and do not unbend legs in the knees.
With intense pain, the doctor can prescribewearing a tutor or a patella, and also can impose a plaster longure for a while. Anesthetic and anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to help a patient with pain relief. In addition, the patient undergoes a course of physical procedures and therapeutic gymnastics.
Now you know the reasons why your knees achein different areas. And also how the treatment of various diseases and knee joint injuries that cause pain is performed. The main rule during the treatment is that it is necessary to consult the doctor at the first painful sensations, and not to engage in self-medication and think that the pain will pass by itself. After all, it does not just appear, but in order to warn the patient about possible diseases and problems in the body that need timely treatment.
Rate this article >>>>> (voted:3. Evaluation: 4,33 of 5)
Attention! Found an error in the text? Select it with the mouse and press the keys Ctrl + Enter. Thanks for the help in the development of the site!
Do not forget to share with friends a link to the article and leave comments, all this will make the site even more useful.