Swollen legs at the bottom of what to do
To date, it is very commonThe problem is when the legs swell. And most of those who experience such difficulties are women. They suffer the unpleasant sensations and inconveniences associated with this symptom. And why, if there are ways to avoid such problems? You just need to monitor your health and lead a healthy lifestyle. Why this happens, and what to do, we'll look at this article.
The reasons can be different. Here are some of them:
- Insufficient number of muscle elements on the walls of veins;
- insufficient physical activity;
- heart problems;
- a side effect due to taking any medications;
Of course, you need to immediately go to the doctor and notwait for more serious consequences or complications of the situation. If you are accustomed to throw one foot on the other or work where you have to stand on your feet for a long time, then a feeling of heaviness in the legs or pain may occur due to a circulatory disturbance. All this indicates the approach of varicose veins. If you feel at work, that your legs are numb, then ordinary foot massage can help. However, sometimes on the edema of the legs can recognize other diseases. For example, if the ankle ankles on the legs swell simultaneously and symmetrically, this may be a sign of heart failure. If the edema is accompanied by redness, fever and inflammation in the vein, this may be a manifestation of thrombophlebitis. It happens that the disease of other organs of the body leads to edema of the legs, so before you try to just remove the swelling, you need to establish the cause of their appearance. If the legs are swollen, what the doctor will tell you. Identify the cause can only be a qualified specialist, so it's best to contact him for appropriate help. Phlebologist is an expert on veins.
Swollen feet: what to do for prevention
To prevent such problems, it is worth reviewingits mode of the day and diet. Products containing high cholesterol can contribute to the occurrence of problems with the veins. Excessive consumption of salt will also adversely affect the body and veins. Sausage, canned food, bread and cheese is better restricted in the daily diet. Do not drink more than 1.5 liters of water a day. It is worth paying attention to such vegetables and fruits as apricots, cucumbers, dried apricots and pumpkin.
According to some leading cardiologists,natural diuretic products are milk, honey, cottage cheese, lemon juice, mountain ash, viburnum, as well as green tea and green apples. Vitamins of groups A, B, C, P and PP strengthen capillaries and vessels. These vitamins are rich in citrus fruits, carrots, cowberries, dog rose, black currants and other fruits.
Also for prevention experts give the following tips:
- More activity: cycling, walking.
- No cigarettes: smoking destroys collagen, which is an important part of the walls of blood vessels.
- Proper clothing will also protect against problems with the veins: pantyhose, shoes, socks and other items of shoes and clothing that squeeze veins and blood vessels.
- Legs need a compulsory rest. Periodically raise your legs up if the case allows the blood to circulate without stagnating in place.
- Watch for weight: excessive weight contributes to the stagnation of blood in the vessels and makes it difficult to circulate.
- Elastic stockings are well suited for the prevention of varicose veins. If your legs swell, then you need to wear lightweight or super-light stockings, which can be purchased at the pharmacy.
- Well, if in addition to nutrition you will take trace elements: manganese, cobalt, iodine. These substances contribute to good blood coagulability, and also give ease in the legs.
- After a hard day, my legs swelled. What to do? Ointments and foot massage help relieve tension at the end of the day. If you sit more often, try to finger your toes whenever possible.