Swelling of the legs causes during pregnancy
Very often pregnant women complain aboutdiscomfort in the legs. Most often it manifests itself on the 5th-6th month of pregnancy. During the fetal gestation, many physiological changes take place in the woman's body. The question arises, so why are your legs hurt during pregnancy? Is this normal or is it worth paying attention?
When the female body nurtures the futurechild, there are sharp changes in the hormonal background. The hormone relaxin, characteristic of pregnant women, increases the elasticity of connective tissues. Every day the weight of a woman increases, and the strength of tissues decreases. Also in the body is the retention of fluid, which is necessary for the life of the fetus. Her excess remains in the lower part of the body. The fetus presses on the vessels (in particular, on the veins), as a result of the weakening of the connective tissues, the pressure in them falls, it is not enough to push the bloodstream upward, because of this, often there are swelling. They can be accompanied by unpleasant sensations, even pains in the lower extremities.
For the prevention of pain relief in case of swellingyou need to do special physical exercises, for example, try to lift your legs, lying on your back, at least 20 centimeters up. Or sitting at the occasion to do circular rotations first with one foot, then the other. In no case should not give up the liquid, it can cause harm to the fetus.
Not comfortable shoes that can be worn by a pregnant woman, in time not cut nails that grow into the toes, causes unpleasant pain, discomfort in the legs.
Pain in the legs, heaviness can also be caused byexpansion of veins - varices. As already mentioned in the fetus, a great need for fluid, the amount of blood in the body increases significantly, presses on the walls of the vessels. They can not cope, there is a stretching of the veins, the valves stop functioning normally. In pregnancy, with the diagnosis of varicose veins, there may be pain between the legs. This predisposition may be in people who are long standing on their feet or with excess body weight.
As prevention, you need to do exercises, whenopportunities to go cycling. You can also wear special stockings, tights, knee socks, which are made of special knitwear, prevent varicose veins. After childbirth, elongated veins in the form of asterisks, curved worms on the surface of the legs remain, they can be eliminated with the help of a special operation.
The weight of the mother's body is pressing every day onthe musculoskeletal system, the development of the fetus is associated with heavy loads on the legs. The body constantly requires the intake of calcium, phosphorus is more than normal. All these factors cause convulsions. unpleasant spasms, pain in the lower extremities.
It takes longer to walk outdoors, moremove and eat right, constantly replenish your body with calcium. If the cramps are brightly manifested, then you need to put warm to the feet, do a massage.
Unpleasant sensations in the perineum
If it hurts between the legs during pregnancy, then it can be:
- False symptoms of childbirth.
- Approach of birth, when the fetus closes closer to the exit, the hip bones begin to slowly diverge, and the ligaments do not have time to stretch.
- The fetus clamped the sciatic nerve, with unpleasant sensations not only when walking, but also in a lying position. Here the assistant is only the time until the fetus takes up another position in the womb of the mother.
- Loosening of ligaments.
- In the early stages of the alarming symptom of the threat of miscarriage.
It should never be forgotten that every person's manifestation of pain can carry different meanings. Someone passes quickly, but someone needs urgent intervention. Remember that it is better not to engage in self-medication, but at the first alarm signals to consult a doctor. After all, the future mother is responsible for two.
If you know the reason why it hurts between the legs during pregnancy, then you can try to lower the pain threshold:
- with neuralgia (pinching the nerve) apply cold and warm compresses.
- if premature discrepancy of the pubic bone, then wearing a bandage, muscle exercises, physiotherapy, at worst, anesthetics prescribed by a doctor will help.
Pregnant women should be involved in the prevention of their health, so that there may be pain in the lower extremities:
- drink more liquid, eat less salt;
- eat right, eat more beans, fish, meat, cheese;
- Do not overwork your body;
- do not cross your legs when sitting;
- sleep on the left side;
- wear comfortable shoes without a heel, with correctly selected insoles;
- in the summer time it is useful to walk on dew, sand;
- to make foot bathtubs;
- if necessary, use medical creams, ointments;
- Periodically do foot massage or just rub them;
- to engage in swimming;
- long time is not in the sun;
- instead of a bath take a contrast shower.
Try to listen to yourself in time, if there is any pain, consult a doctor better. Be healthy, take care of yourself and your child in the womb.