Swelling of the eyes and legs causes
Most people are visible after waking upminor edema of the eyelids, disappearing immediately after washing or for an hour. If the eyes swell strongly, there may be several reasons. Let us consider them in more detail.
This symptom is typical for:
In each of the cases, in addition to the edema, there ismarked reddening of the century. Palpation (palpation) determines the presence of a seal - a striking example is all the familiar barley. If the causes lie in the inflammation, as a rule, one eye swells. The patient complains of the painfulness of the eyelid by pressing it.
The very first and important recommendation of doctors fortreatment of barley and other inflammatory diseases of the eyes of a bacterial nature - the use of antibacterial drops and ointments for the eyes, for example, such as Floxal. The drug has a rapid and strong antibacterial effect, which leads to the death of almost all the most common pathogenic bacteria that cause infectious inflammatory diseases of the eyes. In barley, antibacterial ointment is applied to the inflamed area, a characteristic lump of the eyelid, at least 3 times a day until the symptoms disappear completely, but not less than 5 days, even if the symptoms have disappeared earlier. With bacterial conjunctivitis (red eye with a purulent discharge), drops are instilled 2-4 times a day until the symptoms disappear completely, for at least 5 consecutive days.
Intolerance of some products can giveto know about oneself a one-sided angioedema of the eye (Quincke's edema), and the causes should be looked for in the list of meals consumed the day before. The strong allergens include:
A similar reaction is sometimes caused by floweringplants and a bite of insects (wasps, bees). Only one side of the face swells, and the upper eyelid suffers most. Quincke's edema appears suddenly and also abruptly passes.
Swelling of non-inflammatory nature
If there are no allergies to foods, as well as redness or tenderness of the eyelids, and both eyes swell, the reason can be covered in:
- diseases of the kidneys, liver, cardiovascular system (at the same time there is edema of the legs, dropsy);
- increase in the level of estrogen, which is typical for the last days of menstruation and the middle of the cycle;
- water retention in the body during pregnancy.
If the eyes swell significantly in the morning, the causes of this phenomenon may be associated with an unhealthy lifestyle:
- smoking and drinking alcohol;
- lack of sleep;
- a rigid diet;
- reception of spicy and salty food for dinner.
Also to bags under the eyes leads:
- sleep in a position with a head lowered below the level of the trunk;
- constant use of foundation creams in the area below the lower eyelid;
- absence of make-up in the evening;
- tears before going to sleep;
- insufficient amount of water drunk during the day;
- the application of a nutritious cream immediately before bedtime (this should be taken care of a couple of hours earlier);
- sedentary work and a sedentary lifestyle in general.
With age, a circular muscle around the eyesAtrophy, because in older people this can be the cause of eye swelling. People with excess weight under the eyelids appear fatty deposits, which also resemble "bags".