Swelling of the legs in women
Causes of foot swelling in women
Before considering the main causes of leg edemain women, remember that edema is inherently an excess accumulation of fluid in various organs, in extracellular tissue spaces. Edema is of a different nature, and, therefore, it is necessary to fight them in different ways.Let's name the main causes of leg edema:
- Excessive use of fluids, especially before bedtime.
- Metabolic disease.
- Overweight. This leads to an increase in the load on the legs.
- Increased physical stress on the legs.
- Long sitting with crossed legs, which leads to stagnation of blood in the legs.
- Uncomfortable shoes. The best option is the shoes on the middle heel, quite spacious, so that the foot is not squashed.
- Forced long walking or standing on the legs by the nature of their professional activity, or vice versa, the "sedentary" nature of the work, especially if the seat is too low or too soft.
- Flat feet and other orthopedic disorders.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Phlebeurysm. With this disease, puffiness develops gradually, and the location of edema is not symmetrical.
- Diseases of the kidneys, liver, thyroid gland.
- Reducing the amount of protein in the blood, for example, with a strict diet or fasting.
- Edema during pregnancy. which, as a rule, are temporary, because they are caused by physiological causes.
The more the woman's age, the morethe likelihood of edema of the legs. In order to make the legs swell less often, it is necessary to apply preventive measures: a light, stroking foot massage, reducing the amount of fluid consumed, changing shoes during the day, performing simple exercises to relieve fatigue in the legs.
If the swelling of your legs is regular, you need to see a doctor. He will determine the causes of swelling in your case. Do not self-medicate! Take care of yourself.