Swelling of the soles of the feet
Why swollen feet
Painless foot swelling - Peripheral edema -Painless swelling of the feet and ankles is a common problem, especially among the elderly. Incorrect accumulation of fluid in the legs is called peripheral edema.
Painless swelling of the feet can affect both legs and may include the lower leg or even the thigh. Because of the effect of gravity, swelling is particularly noticeable and noticeable in the lower part of the body - in the soles of the feet.
Frequent causes of foot swelling:
- Leg, swelling of the puffiness of the foot are most common in the following situations:
- Long standing position
- Long flights or by car
- Monthly periods (for some women)
- Pregnancy - excessive puffiness can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia, a serious condition, sometimes called toxemia, which includes high blood pressure
- Weight above normal
- Elderly age
- Injury or trauma to your foot or leg
- Swollen legs can be a sign of cardiac arrest, kidney failure, or liver failure. In these conditions, too much fluid accumulates in the body.
Other conditions that can cause swelling in one or both legs include:
- Blood clot
- Infection of the legs
- Venous insufficiency (when the veins in your legs are unable to pump blood back to the heart, respectively),
- Varicose veins
- Burns (including sunburn)
- Insect bite or sting
- Starvation or malnutrition
- Surgery, postoperative swelling
- Blocking lymph nodes in the legs (lymphatic obstruction)
Certain medications can also cause your legs to swell:
- Hormones like estrogen (in contraceptive pills or hormone therapy) and testosterone
- Blood pressure medications, calcium channel blockers (such as nifedipine, amlodipine, diltiazem, felodipine, and verapamil)
- Antidepressants, including MAO inhibitors (such as phenelzine and tranylcypromine) and tricyclics (such as nortriptyline, desipramine, and amitriptyline)
If you have already identified for yourself which of theFor reasons listed above causes edema of your feet, then it is necessary to take measures that eliminate these causes. And then, the shoes will not be tight because of the swollen feet.