Analyzes with swelling of the feet
Home ?? Diagnostics ?? Studies with edema of the lower limb
With edema of the lower limb, various laboratory and instrumental examinations are carried out.
Conventional studies with edema of the lower limb
- OAK, ESR. In injuries or fractures, accompanied by the formation of a large hematoma, there is a decrease in Hb. Leukocytosis indicates the presence of an inflammatory process. Hematoma may be accompanied by a decrease in the number of platelets in the blood.
- Analysis of urine. Proteinuria indicates the renal nature of edema.
- Urea and electrolytes and creatinine. Increased levels of urea and creatinine in the blood are observed with renal failure.
- Functional liver tests. Can indicate a violation of liver function, accompanied by hypoalbuminemia.
- Blood glucose. Cellulite and other inflammatory processes on the lower extremity often develop in patients with diabetes mellitus.
- RGC. The presence of cardiomegaly, signs of pulmonary edema, exuded pleurisy indicates heart failure. Lung edema can be observed with hypervolemia in a patient with renal insufficiency. With sarcoma of the lower limb, metastases can be detected in the lungs.
- Radiography of the lower extremities. For the diagnosis of fractures, tumors or the presence of gas in tissues with gas gangrene.
Special studies with swelling of the lower limb
- Blood Coagulation Study. Coagulation disorders, observed with coagulopathy, can be accompanied by spontaneous formation of hematomas.
- Ultrasound. Hematoma or soft tissue sarcoma.
- CT. Hematoma or swelling.
- Ultrasound and CT of the small pelvis. For the purpose of diagnosing tumors of the abdominal cavity or small intestine, causing compression of the veins.
- Duplex Doppler Scanning. In order to diagnose deep vein thrombosis or arteriovenous anastomosis.
- Venography. To confirm deep vein thrombosis.
- Angiography. To confirm the diagnosis of arteriovenous anastomosis.
- Lymphangiography. It allows to reveal the cause of limfogenic edema of the extremity, for example hypoplasia or obstruction of lymphatic vessels.
- Lymph node biopsy Inflammation or swelling.
E. Rafteri, E. Lim