How to avoid foot swelling
Swelling of the feet is a very common problem,not by hearsay familiar to many of us. What can I do to help my legs, and how to avoid the occurrence of edema of the legs? This is what we will discuss in this article. But first, let's find out why our feet swell.
There are quite a lot of leg edema. These include incorrectly selected shoes, and flat feet, and overweight, and sedentary work, and significant physical exertion, and renal and heart failure, and varicose veins. To avoid the appearance of puffiness, it is necessary, first of all, to cope with the root cause of this phenomenon.
About problems in the work of the heart, as a rule,signal swelling of the ankles. Most often they occur in the elderly. But in young puffiness usually indicates certain vascular disorders.
Either way, the formation of leg edema ispretty good reason for going to a specialist. This problem can be addressed to a physician-therapist. He sends for analysis, and also if necessary, for advice to the urologist, cardiologist, phlebologist (specialist in venous diseases).
Sometimes the cause of swelling of the legs are weak muscles. They do poorly with their functions, resulting in a violation of the outflow of lymph.
To avoid the appearance of edema, it is recommended to perform the following exercises:
• Exercise "half-birch" or "birch" - for those who find it difficult to stand on the shoulder blades, you can practice first, leaning against the wall, or ask someone to support your legs;
• the exercise "scissors" - is performed in a horizontal position, the legs with legs must imitate the movements of the scissors;
• exercises with dumbbells aimed at strengthening the muscles of the chest;
• exercises to strengthen the muscles of the press.
All these exercises train the most important muscle groups involved in the lymphatic drainage. Such training can improve the condition of the legs.
We do baths and massage
Often the swelling of the legs occurs after a hard day onwork, especially in cases where you have to spend a lot of time on your feet or sit for a long time. To avoid the appearance of edema, you can make special baths with the addition of sea salt. They help the legs relax. In addition, after taking a bath, you can apply massage in the form of light tweezers of swollen areas.
No less effective and contrasting trays forfeet. To do this, keep your feet in hot water first (about 5-7 minutes), then in cold water (no more than 10-15 seconds). However, it is worthwhile to know that hot baths can not be done with varicose veins.
We apply traditional medicine
If the cause of edema of the legs is a cluster inbody fluid, you can recall the recipes of folk medicine. A good diuretic is a decoction of birch buds and leaves, horsetail and linden flowers. In addition, you can use a decoction from the plant astragalus. This remedy helps improve the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
To prevent swelling in the legs, try to follow simple recommendations.
• During the day, do not forget to change your shoes. This tip is especially useful for women who often wear high-heeled shoes. At work, it is better to have interchangeable shoes, preference should be given to soft shoes without heels.
• Try not to walk for more than two days in the same pair of shoes.
• In the pharmacies or specialized stores you can buy medical stockings. They prevent the development of edema of the feet.
• Do not forget about nutrition. Limit the use of salt, because this product detains fluid in the body.
• Use of liquid after 19 pm is also better limited.
• For those who have to sit for a long time in the workplace, it is often necessary to change the position of the legs and try to get up as much as possible.
• At night, you can put your feet on a pillow. This allows you to improve the outflow of lymph and relieve fatigue.