Why does an elderly woman swollen legs
All patients after surgical treatment of venous diseases
issued a guarantee certificate for free service
in all branches of the Antireflux center
Record online, quickly and conveniently
Medical practice shows that quiteoften swollen legs in elderly women, the reason and to which doctor to go - in our article. We will make a reservation at once: in spite of the fact that puffiness in the elderly can be caused by natural age physiology, it is not necessary to risk yourself and avoid consulting a specialist.
So, why do so much swollen legs in elderly women, the reason and to which doctor to go to solve the problem:
- First of all, let's explain why we mentionedage characteristics of the body. The fact is that in adulthood, the circulation of blood and lymph becomes slower, and the amount of fluid that the tissues hold, on the contrary, increases. To reduce puffiness, it is necessary to normalize the water-salt balance and move as much as possible
- But, unfortunately, swelling is not always harmless. In old age, they can talk about the pathology of the cardiovascular or urinary system, as well as deep vein thrombosis, which is extremely dangerous for life. Therefore first of all it is necessary to be surveyed at the phlebologist
3 April 2016
Good afternoon! I live in St. Petersburg. January 5, 2015 there was a deep vein thrombosis of the lower leg, popliteal segment. There was very severe shortness of breath, but PE was ruled out. Studies of vessels of the abdominal cavity were not performed. Treatment - thromboass, warfarin, detralex compression. Warfarin drank a year. Through the uzi the veins became passable. But after the withdrawal of warfarin, unpleasant sensations in the leg, temperature 37 in the evening. They allowed me to wear golf, but I doubt that the veins hang on the whole leg. By the size of the legs are different. Whether it is possible to pass or take place in your clinic a full inspection and receive consultation on treatment. Does the clinic have a hotel and an approximate cost of living and such a survey. Or can you recommend a specialist in St. Petersburg? Answer: Good afternoon! Olga, unfortunately a complete examination in our clinic, you can not get. We recommend that you pass the following tests: ultrasound of the abdominal cavity organs, mammography. Consultation of the coloproctologist. If the veins are on the hip ("the veins hang on the entire leg"), we recommend wearing compression stockings or pantyhose. Sincerely, Angelova Victoria Alexandrovna.
February 7, 2016 Seminar on genetic markers of thrombophilia Colleagues, this Wednesday, on the 10th at 17 o'clock we are going to a seminar on thrombophilia. There will be an invited geneticist from PFUR
January 16, 2016 Summing up the results of the past year Results of 2015:
During the work 15 scientific works were published, 1 book on thrombosis for a wide range of readers was published.
Representatives of the Center's staff made presentations at 4 scientific and practical conferences.
In clinical practice, new methods of psychological testing and accompanying patients with surgical interventions on the veins.
- 5 misconceptions about varicose veins
- Varicose veins. Risk factors
- Symptoms of complications of varicose veins
- General recommendations
- Male varicose veins
- Pregnancy and varicose veins