Why can the ankles swell
It is difficult to find a person who has never swollen feet in his life. The cause can be both normal physical activity, and serious diseases that threaten health.
When looking for an answer to the question, why swellankle legs, often diagnosed serious abnormalities in the functioning of vital organs. Therefore, doctors recommend not to ignore cases of edema, especially if they do not pass for several days.
Among the reasons not related to the disorder of the internal organs, the most frequent are the following:
- long loads on the legs, finding the body in an upright position for a long time;
- excessive use of liquid;
- critical days for women;
- medical drugs, the side effect of which is the retention of fluid in the body;
- shoes of the wrong style, poorly supporting the ankle joint.
More serious reasons related to health problems can be the following:
- some diseases of the heart, kidneys and liver;
- disorders of venous circulation;
- acute allergic reactions;
- disorders in the lymphatic system;
- overweight, giving constant significant physical exertion on the legs;
- injuries of varying severity of the lower parts of the legs.
Rarely emerging and disappearing within a few days of self edema to dangerous complications do not lead. Do not cause fear and swelling in women, appearing in critical days.
A long-lasting swelling of the ankleundesirable effects on blood vessels. And this threatens the onset of inflammatory processes on the skin and in the subcutaneous vessels, varicose veins and trophic ulcers.
Swelling, appearing for a short time, does not requiredrug treatment. To remove them, it is recommended to raise your legs above the chest level in a horizontal position. If one ankle has swollen, it is still necessary to raise both legs to equalize the blood pressure in the left and right leg.
Keep your legs in a raised position for 20-30 minutes. There will be no harm from short-term intake of diuretics, agreed with the doctor.
For a long time, not passing edemas require the elimination of the root cause - diseases of internal organs. After diagnosis and diagnosis, the course of treatment is appointed by the appropriate doctor.
Effective treatment of the root cause over time will lead to an independent disappearance of the ankle edema.