Why do your legs swell during exercise
What is edema? This is an excessive accumulation of fluid in any part of the body. Quite often people complain that they have swollen legs. What is the cause of this unpleasant phenomenon?
To begin with it is necessary to understand, what kinds of edemas exist:
- stagnant (pressure in capillaries, permeability of blood vessels, decrease in protein level in the blood);
- cachectic (exhaustion of the body, cardiovascular diseases);
- hydromic (accumulation of excess fluid, kidney disease);
- Neuropathic (diabetes mellitus, alcoholism);
- mechanical (the received traumas, the period of pregnancy).
These are common types of well-known medical edema. Legs swell the following reasons :
- excessive physical activity;
- high fluid intake before bedtime;
- metabolic disorders in the body;
- a bad habit of sitting with your leg crossed;
- flat feet;
- excess weight;
- long sitting on too soft or too low a chair (armchair, sofa and so on);
- uncomfortable shoes;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- kidney disease;
- bowel disease;
- problems with the thyroid gland.
As you can see, any puffiness is a signany disease. If you find edema, immediately consult a doctor and go through the necessary examination of the body. Only a qualified doctor can determine the true cause of the edema and prescribe the right treatment. At home, you can help your body cope with swelling with simple physical exercises and folk recipes, time-tested.
Exercises for removal swelling from the feet:
- Several times a day alternately tightlypress the heel to the floor, then lift the sock as high as possible, then - vice versa (that is, press the toe and lift the heel). Literally a few minutes a day will be enough. You can exercise in any position - even standing, even while sitting.
- A couple of minutes a day sharply spread out and immediately sharply compress your toes.
- Stand on tiptoe and try not to jump low for fifteen to twenty seconds.
- Climb to your toes and walk around the room as much as you can.
- Put on the floor the most ordinary pencil or small ball. Try to lift a thing with the help of your toes (this exercise should be done barefoot only).
- Sit on the floor, legs extend. Turn your feet first to the right side, then to the left. How to mend the joints.
- Put your left foot on the right foot. Lift the toe as high as possible. Change your legs and do the same. If you find it difficult to maintain balance, you can hold the wall or any other support with one hand while performing this exercise.
- Bend and unbend your toes before going to bed.
Folk recipes against swelling of the feet:
- Take one part of turpentine and two partscastor oil. Heat the oil lightly, mix everything in one bowl. Grind your feet with the resulting solution. After the procedure, put on pure cotton socks or knee socks.
- Prepare a special ice. Frozen infusions of sage, peppermint or eucalyptus. Cubes of ice periodically wipe swelling places.
- Mix in one bowl a teaspoon of turpentine, one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one egg yolk. With zeal, rub the resulting mixture over the legs.
- Type a basin of cold water, add marinesalt. Lower your legs into the basin, then lightly pinch your feet where they swelled. You can try to arrange for your feet contrast baths, that is, first hold your feet in hot water, then in a cold, then again in a hot bath and so on until you get bored. Just remember that if you have been diagnosed with varicose veins, hot baths are contraindicated to you.
- Buy a small rubber ball in a sports or children's store and roll it around the floor with foot stops.
- Every evening after the shower, do a massage: start with the feet, gradually moving higher.
- Try to drink as little liquid as possible after seven in the evening. From sweet carbonated drinks it is better to refuse altogether.
- It is very useful to drink diuretic herbs - they willfrom the body excess fluid, which will help reduce edema. So, the most effective diuretic drink is the following: dilute the boiled water in the boiled water, birch buds and spores (one teaspoon of all substances per glass of water). Let the drink infuse for half an hour. Within three weeks, drink one tablespoon of useful decoction after a meal, taking a break for a day every fourth day. Keep the healing broth in a dark cool place.
- At night you can put a small pillow under your feet.