After removal of internal hemorrhoids, the legs may swell
Acute hemorrhoids are a serious problem with whichalmost all people who suffer from this disease in one form or another are facing. Exacerbation of the disease can be a consequence of prolonged internal hemorrhoids, which is asymptomatic and does not cause any discomfort to the patient. Sometimes an exacerbation of hemorrhoids occurs in perfectly healthy people who did not even suspect that they had a disease due to a complete lack of appropriate symptoms. Also, the disease can worsen in people with chronic hemorrhoids who know about their illness and treat it for a long time. Usually in such situations, the patient's disdain for the advice and recommendations of the attending physician is observed, as physicians tend to prevent exacerbations of chronic hemorrhoids by all means. If the patient complies with all the recommendations, the chronic course does not become acute.
Its main feature is pronouncedsymptomatology, which may not be in the case of internal hemorrhoids in the early stages. If there is acute pain, it means that the person did not notice the indirect signs of internal hemorrhoids, which means that the disease passed to the next stage without timely diagnosis and treatment.
Acute hemorrhoids - what can provoke its appearance?
If you suffer from hemorrhoids. it is very important to know what factors can exacerbate the disease. These factors should be avoided if you want improvement, not deterioration of your condition.
- Follow the diet. The disease can worsen if you startuse excessively spicy, spicy or salty foods. Smoked meat, marinades, and also alcoholic beverages are inadmissible. All these products stimulate blood flow to the pelvic organs.
- Avoid digestive disorders. The diet for acute hemorrhoids necessarily includesin itself sour-milk products, bran, fruit and vegetables, which contain crude raw cellulose. This will help to avoid constipation. Constipation, like diarrhea, almost always stimulates the exacerbation of the disease, contributes to the loss and infringement of the nodes.
- Sedentary work. If a person suffers from chronic hemorrhoids,it is very important not to forget about physical activity. Prolonged sitting or staying on legs causes stagnation of blood in the pelvic veins, as a result of which there may be infringement or thrombosis of the nodes. Even if you work in the office, take breaks: go around the room, walk on the stairs, avoid personal cars and public transport, if possible.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects. Lifting weights is one of the main risk factors that provoke the loss of nodes and the occurrence of acute pain.
Symptoms and signs of acute hemorrhoids
At the basis of the symptoms of the disease - thrombosis orinfringement of hemorrhoids. Sometimes there is an acute internal hemorrhoids. when thrombi occur in the nodes formed inside the rectum, but more often there is acute (external) hemorrhoids, when the site is infringed. The sphincter muscle is irritated, resulting in a spasm. The sphincter squeezes the dropping node, it swells, causing a lot of unpleasant sensations in the patient. If you do not take timely measures to treat an acute condition, clots of blood will begin to form in the restrained node. As a result, there will be a thrombosis, considered a more serious and complicated condition than infringement.
So, what symptoms are characterized for the acute course of the disease?
- The main sign is unbearable acute pain with hemorrhoids. which is especially amplified duringdefecation, forcing the patient to restrain and suffer serious suffering. The pain becomes stronger also during sneezing and coughing, and in especially neglected cases the patient can not even sit on a hard surface and walk.
- Presence of visible nodes - the second sign of an acute condition. The nodes are visible when viewed externally, they have a bluish color, they are hard to the touch, extremely painful in finger examination. If the nodes are in the rectum, they are easy to recognize also in the finger examination, which allows revealing painful internal seals.
- Bleeding does not always occur. It can be caused by the rupture of the thrombosed node, after which the pain subsides, and the patient claims that his condition has improved.
Complications of acute hemorrhoids
Sometimes thrombi in the hemorrhoids beginaccompanied by an inflammatory process. In this case, the node begins to blush and swell, and the tissues surrounding it swell. Similar signs refer to the second stage of the disease. The third stage is a more serious and extensive inflammation of the entire perineum and anus of the anus. There is a constant itching and burning in the area of the anal opening, since the liquid is constantly released from it. The inflammatory process can cause fever, fever, general intoxication, a feeling of malaise in the patient. At this stage, it is necessary to take immediate measures to eliminate acute hemorrhoids - treatment undertaken as soon as possible will help to avoid a purulent-inflammatory process.
Similar purulent complications cause seriousexhaustion of the body. Unless measures are taken, sepsis may occur, which poses a real danger to human life and health. To eliminate infection of the blood, surgical methods of treatment are used. Nevertheless, such complications are not always met. They are rare, and avoiding them is very easy. To do this, you just need to consult a doctor at the first unpleasant symptoms of hemorrhoids.
How to treat an exacerbation? As can be easily guessed, the treatment of acute hemorrhoids should be started as early as possible (for additional see the review article on the treatment of hemorrhoids by traditional methods). The sooner you overcome the false shame and contact the doctors with your delicate problem, the less the risk of complications.
Treatment is usually multistage. To begin with, the physician applies symptomatic therapy, the task of which is to remove painful symptoms in order to reduce the patient's suffering and discomfort. For this, various local products (ointments, gels, suppositories, creams, medical baths) are used. Veterinary preparations are often prescribed, as well as drugs designed to dissolve blood clots and dilute blood. Examples of such medications are Heparin, Gepatrombin. These drugs effectively prevent the formation of blood clots and eliminate the already existing clots, as well as relieve pain, eliminate swelling of the node, relieve inflammation.
To treat internal nodes apply candles withthese drugs, and for the treatment of external - ointments, cream and gels. A common and accessible to every remedy is also the Troxevasin Gel. It is not an independent agent for the treatment of acute hemorrhoids, but it is extremely effective as a complementary therapy.
To eliminate the inflammatory processmodern anti-inflammatory ointments are used. They also quickly remove puffiness, reduce discomfort, are easily absorbed and act very quickly. Often, Levomecol ointment is used for this.
Treatment is most effective ifexternal means are used in combination with oral tablets. Typically, doctors prescribe patients non-steroidal anti-inflammatory painkillers (diclofenac, nimesulide). In themselves, they do not have a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, but they significantly enhance the effect of external means for treating hemorrhoids. In addition, they quickly relieve pain.
Often patients during treatment are recommendedTake Detralex (venotonizing drug, accelerating the process of recovery). To date, clinical studies have shown that the use of Detralex in the treatment of acute internal and external hemorrhoids is not only appropriate, but also useful. The doctors proved that the drug is extremely effective and speeds up the treatment process, allowing to prevent complications.
Above was described the conservative therapy of acutehemorrhoids. If the disease was not very neglected, usually such combination therapy gives a quick effect, but in rare cases surgical intervention is required.
If local drugs do not improve,the patient is assigned an operation in which the specialist manually opens the node, removes blood clots and, if necessary, removes the entire site. The last measure is considered extreme. It is used only if other methods of treatment are recognized as ineffective. Thromboectomy is a simple operation, it refers to minimally invasive methods. Recovery after the procedure occurs in a few days.
In order to prevent this developmentevents, it is enough just not to disregard the advice of a doctor, observe the rules of prevention, and also not rely solely on folk remedies in the treatment of hemorrhoids. At the slightest signs of the disease you need to see a doctor - only in this case the full recovery will be guaranteed.
See video - a popular method of treating the disease: