Relieve pain with swelling of the foot with atrosclerosis
When varicose pain in the legs disturbs everyonethe patient - they increase with loads on the legs (walking, prolonged standing, lifting weights) and weaken if you hold your legs up or do a light massage - that is, perform some actions to improve blood circulation.
Accumulation of toxins and toxins leads to pain in the legs
As a rule, pain with varicose is localized inthe region of the lower leg, popliteal fossa, sometimes in the ankle joint region. Particularly bad sites ache along the passage of the neurovascular bundles (artery, vein and nerve are always next to each other), so sometimes the pain with varicose is confused with neuralgia. The pain can be constant and aching, and can be sharp and spasmodic - it depends on the stage of varicose veins, and on the time of the day and the load. Often they are accompanied by painful cramps calf muscles, especially pronounced convulsions at night.
The main causes of permanent painwhen varicose veins doctors call trophic disorders in tissues caused by deterioration of their blood supply, and painful changes in the venous wall, leading to its stretching and stagnation of blood in the vessel. As a rule, constant pain of differentintensities - increasing with the load on the legs and weakening during rest or massage - are felt by the patient during the whole day and are accompanied by heaviness in the legs and a burning sensation.
In tissues with impaired blood supplytoxins accumulate, which, with a normal venous outflow, would be excreted together with venous blood. It is these toxins, as well as the overgrowth of the venous wall, that cause pain.
But what to do, if the pain in the legs is severe in varicose veins? There are several methods of getting rid of pain.
- For pain in the legs, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that have an analgesic effect can be used - topically apply diclofenac-gel or indomethacin to the affected areas.
- Tablets from varicose also have a weak analgesic effect, so they can be used for pain of medium intensity.
- With severe pain, accompanied by cramps,locally, a warming anti-inflammatory agent is applied to the skin of the legs, which promotes the blood circulation (for example, menovazine), but inside you can take a non-steroidal analgesic, or, simply put, anesthetic - paracetamol, ibuprofen, nimesulide. It is worth saying that this is a way to temporarily relieve the pain syndrome, and not the prescription for treatment - at the first opportunity should consult a phlebologist!
Folk remedies for pain relief
- To rub in feet alcoholic tincture of fruits of horsechestnut - 50 g peeled chestnut fruit crushed 250 grams of vodka, insist a week in a dry dark place, rub your feet at night and with increased pain during the day.
- Tincture of nutmeg: 200 g of grated nut pour a liter of vodka and insist in a dark dry place for 10 days. Take inside 20 drops three times a day, the same tincture you can lubricate your feet at night.
- Grind fresh mushrooms and leaves of wormwood,mix with sour milk in a 1: 1 ratio and apply the mixture on the affected legs, covering with gauze. If within 3-4 days of pain did not pass - after a couple of days you can repeat the course.
- By the same principle and in the same proportions, a gruel is prepared from the mashed leaves of plantain and sour milk. It is applied to gauze and applied to the affected parts of the legs.
- Relieve the pain is also helped by a mixture of garlic and butter - the softened butter is mixed with crushed garlic in a 2: 1 ratio and spreads gruel on the diseased areas.
- A mixture of different products of beekeeping (propolis, pollen, honey, etc.), applied to the feet, help relieve pain and reduce inflammation. Drugs based on bee venom also help.
- Cold wraps with apple cider vinegar or clay also help to ease pain and relieve swelling and inflammation.
To relieve pain, folk remedies will help</ li>
To reduce pain in varicose veins and prevent the development of complications, it is also recommended to take the following steps:
- Adjust the diet: give up fried, fatty, smoked, flour and canned foods, as well as sweet carbonated drinks. In this case, drink clean water at least 1.5 liters per day.
- Refuse bad habits - smoking, drinking alcohol.
- Refuse high heels and go for shoes with a comfortable low sole.
- Daily engage in therapeutic gymnastics, do self-massage legs.
- Eliminate hypodynamia, if you have a sedentary work - periodically interrupted for a small workout.
- With standing work - on the contrary, from time to time sit down and lightly massage your feet.
And even in the event that you managed to remove the pain and legs you no longer bother - do not delay the visit to the doctor. Remember that you only received a temporaryrelief, but the disease you can not stop. Therefore, in order to avoid the progression of varicose veins and the development of its serious complications, immediately try to visit the phlebologist to begin timely treatment.