Remedies for leg edema with diabetes
Swelling of the feet with diabetes mellitus
The disease of diabetes affects manyorgans and systems of the human body and lower limbs also suffer. From excessive amounts of sugar in the blood there are irreparable changes in the nervous system and blood vessels supplying the blood of the foot. Therefore, swelling of the feet with diabetes is not a rare phenomenon.
- nephrotic syndrome. Edema is manifested against the background of long-term development of diabetes;
- damage to blood vessel walls. From lack of necessary access to the limbs, the feet of diabetics swell. Vessels accumulate plaques that block the access of blood to the lower limbs. Deterioration of blood circulation in turn can cause the development of gangrene and even amputation of the leg;
- Neuropathy. This pathology manifests itself against the background of a disturbance of the nervous system. In the neuropathic system, a fluid accumulates in the subcutaneous lining of the foot, which complicates the condition of the foot;
- defeat of joints (arthropathy). The exchange of glucose proteins is disturbed and destruction of the cartilaginous tissue and the formation of hyperostosis occur. It is for this reason that patients constantly have pain in the joints of the lower extremities, most of all when walking. Develops arthropathy with redness and swelling of the foot.
Adhere to the basic rules of foot care
- wash your feet daily with exceptionally warm water, paying special attention to the spaces between your fingers;
- Keep your toenails clean, regularly cut them;
- for the purpose of removing coarse skin it is not recommended to use tools of cutting type, means from calluses;
- wear only comfortable shoes.
For effective cure of edema of the legs with diseasediabetes, as well as for the prevention of an illness, be sure to maintain the optimal level of sugar in the blood, and follow all the rules in the care of your feet. All these measures will help you avoid negative consequences.