Legs swell 34 weeks
Very often, many face pain in the legs withlocalization below the knee. Still about such sensations speak, that legs "buzz". In everyday vanity, no one pays attention to this. Sometimes it can be a usual fatigue from prolonged walking, physical exertion or high heels. But at times it is a symptom of a pathology in which a special treatment should be prescribed. Therefore, if the legs often hurt below the knees, then you need to go to a consultation with a doctor.
Shin structure and pathology factors
When complaining about the discomfort in the legs, in the area below the knee, then it is about the lower leg, the part of the foot to the foot. The drumstick includes:
- large and small tibia;
- muscles (large number);
- nerve fibers;
- vessels (venous and arterial).
Therefore, if the legs hurt below the knees, then the causes must be sought in the anatomical elements of the foot.
When an organic or organicfunctional damage to these parts, pain will be given to the lower part of the leg. Sometimes the pain is not critical and not dangerous to health. But first you need to determine exactly what caused such an ailment. There are times when it can endanger human life. For example, with deep vein thrombosis. Urgent treatment should be undertaken. If a thrombus is formed in the lower limbs, then in the absence of a timely diagnosis, a clot can come off. This leads to a blockage of the pulmonary artery and to instant death.
Therefore, it is mandatory with regular pain belowthe knee should be consulted to the doctor, especially if the discomfort is permanent and occurs with periodic repetitions. In a medical institution, they will make a diagnosis and establish the causes of such symptoms. Why do the legs hurt below the knees?
The main causes of pain in the legs:
- muscle tone or spasm caused by prolonged strain on the legs (physical overstrain of the legs);
- trauma (stretching, bone fracture, muscle or ligament rupture);
- inflammatory processes in the tibia (myositis);
- Atherosclerosis (plaques in the arteries below the knees);
- varicose leg disease;
- thrombosis of deep vessels (arteries, veins) below the knee;
- arthritis, arthrosis;
- osteomyelitis (infection by the internal part of the bones of the lower extremities);
- polyneuropathy (pathology of nerve fibers) of diabetics, chronic alcoholics and smokers;
- diseases of rheumatic character;
- disease of the arteries of the lower extremities (nodular periarthritis, vasculitis);
- lymphostasis of the lower leg vessels;
- compression of soft tissues of the legs;
- tumors of bones, muscles, tissues below the knee (benign and malignant);
- lack of trace elements in the blood (magnesium, calcium, potassium);
- long-term use of certain medications (glucocorticoid hormones, diuretics);
- compression of nerve endings in osteochondrosis;
The disease is manifested by dilated veins on the legs below the knee. But usually it becomes noticeable later, and at first the disease is masked.
- feeling of heaviness in the legs;
- rare spasms are possible;
- discomfort of the legs (pain, swelling) passes after their rest in a horizontal position;
- swelling of the legs (usually at the end of the day);
- stupid monotonous pain after a prolonged load on the leg in an upright position.
Thrombosis of the vessels of the legs below the knee
Such pathologies develop in a short time,they flow sharply and are accompanied by pronounced external signs. The disease can be with a blockage of veins or arteries. The states are different in many ways.
With venous thrombosis, symptoms developgradually for several days. They show up with heaviness in the legs and with a bursting pain. Its localization can be both from the outside, and the inner region of the shin. The leg begins to swell, redness occurs. In the place of pathology, the temperature in the leg rises, it becomes hot to the touch. After a while, redness is replaced by a cyanotic shade. Painful sensations in the patient are strong, it is impossible for him to step on the affected leg. After three or four days, necrosis of the tissues and gangrene of the foot begins. Therefore, timely medical assistance is needed to avoid being left without a lower limb.
Arterial thrombosis develops transiently. For a couple of hours the foot begins to grow dull and cold. Because of the lack of blood supply to the tissues, the color of the shin becomes white. There may also be a sudden acute pain below the knee to the foot.
For lack of first aid doctors, for two to four hours, the leg dies due to tissue necrosis.
When there is a shortage of any substances in the body,can develop pain in the lower extremities. The reasons for this are different. Perhaps the bones lack calcium. Symptoms can be cramps in the muscles of the calves, which occur at night. Because of this, a person wakes up, the pain prevents him from sleeping. The attack can last several minutes, then go by yourself. Usually a person starts to massage a diseased site in order to ease his condition.
This disease can be a consequence ofeffects on the body of diabetes, which affects not only all organs (tissues, bones), but also nerve endings. Sometimes diabetes is diagnosed because of pain in the legs below the knees. This is typical of the second type of disease. Thus such signs are shown:
- burning pain in the legs;
- numbness of the legs and cold limb syndrome;
- pain is permanent and does not depend on physical activity and workload.
With this disease, the mainblood flow to the lower leg due to the narrowing of the lumen of blood vessels. The causes of this are atherosclerotic plaques. Because of this, the patient has pain below the knee to the foot with intermittent claudication. Usually it is typical for long walking for long distances. After rest, the pain syndrome passes. If you do not take measures and the disease will progress, the pain will intensify and appear even at rest. Trophic changes occur on the legs (ulcers occur). The skin begins to peel off, it becomes very dry. Also, the nails on the legs are involved in the pathology process. This disease can also lead to the death of the limb due to tissue necrosis and gangrene
If the leg hurts under the knee, then immediately consult a doctor. The specialist will appoint the necessary examination and prescribe the treatment.
To prevent the syndrome of tired legs is recommended:
- avoid wearing tight clothes (trousers, pants). This will prevent venous and lymphatic stasis in the legs;
- flatfoot correction;
- when sitting, try to avoid the position of "foot on foot", as it squeezes the vessels;
- at rest it is recommended to lie on your back, lifting your legs upwards, for 30 minutes, to improve the blood supply of the lower extremities;
- stabilize the body weight, if it is superfluous;
- control of water-salt balance;
- it is necessary to make walks;
- dilution of sedentary lifestyle by sports and training;
- It is necessary to conduct exercises for feet, lifting them from the floor with small objects;
- it is useful to walk barefoot.
Pneumopressotherapy with leg fatigue
Treatment consists in a varietyphysiotherapeutic procedure. When mechanical action on the tissues of the legs below the knees, the venous blood is displaced from the muscular pockets, where it can stagnate. With the help of a special device, treatment is performed in the form of foot massage. At the same time, the effect on the tissue is dosed. One procedure of pneumompressotherapy replaces about 30 sessions of conventional massage with hands.
In addition to therapeutic effects on lymphatic vessels and veins, the technique has a positive effect in terms of cosmetology.
This treatment is an apparatus that causes muscle stimulationshanks. During the procedure, the muscles begin to rhythmically contract, which contributes to the outflow of excess fluid from the soft tissues. This improves the venous and lymphatic blood flow. The treatment is safe.
Rate this article >>>>> (voted:9. Evaluation: 3,67 of 5)
Attention! Found an error in the text? Select it with the mouse and press the keys Ctrl + Enter. Thanks for the help in the development of the site!
Do not forget to share with friends a link to the article and leave comments, all this will make the site even more useful.