Swelling of the legs to which doctor to consult

Pain in the legs. Who now does not hurt his legs? Yes, almost all are sore. But they still hurt in different ways. Patients are very appealing with such a complaint. On a question: why you have addressed to the surgeon? Answer: what, are not surgeons treating their legs?

So, dear patients, not only surgeons treat the feet, but also traumatologists, and therapists, as well as dermatologists and other specialists.

Reasonably, the question arises: so to whom of them do you apply? Well, let's deal with it.

The scheme is simple. In this article you read, choose complaints, such as you have, and on the basis of this visit a specialist.

This article is not a standard, but the direction you choose is correct.

Complaints with which we need to turn to a traumatologist.

A traumatologist will help!
  • pain in the leg after injury: fracture, sprain, bruise;
  • restriction of movements in the knee, hip, ankle joints (only on one leg);
  • an increase and pain in any joint on the leg (on one leg);
  • pain in the heel when walking (heel spurs are treated by a traumatologist);
  • curving of the fingers, especially the first, the foot with the formation of a "cone" at the base of the finger;
  • the presence of any education in the projection of joints, tendons;
  • any foreign bodies (nail, needle, splinter, etc.) anywhere in the lower limb;
  • flat feet;
  • burns of the lower extremities.

To the dermatologist we address with complaints:

With such legs to the dermatologist
  • on itching, redness of the skin, as well as the presence on the skin of suspicious rashes in the form of vesicles, peeling, rashes of various types;
  • the presence of warts, suspicious moles;
  • the appearance of corns and dry calluses on the feet;
  • presence of small pustules on the skin;
  • itching, wetness in the interdigital spaces;
  • incomprehensible changes on the nail plates of the toes.

If there are the complaints described below, then we turn to the therapist.

District therapist
  • morning stiffness in the joints of the legs, i. until you part - legs hurt;
  • deformation of knee and ankle joints and joints of feet on both legs;
  • weakness in the legs (legs "do not hold");
  • edema on both legs (from minor to severe), especially if there is shortness of breath, pain in the heart;
  • pronounced edema on the legs, scrotum (in men), lower abdomen, with ascites;
  • cramps and burning in the legs (legs "burn");
  • shooting pains throughout the leg, starting from the back and the hip joint along the posterior lateral surface of the lower limb (this, most likely, should be addressed to a neurologist).

We go to the surgeon if we complain about:

Operation in progress
  • the presence of varicose-veins and the presence of compaction along the veins (practically on any part of the leg);
  • presence of ulcers in the region of the ankles;
  • presence of large enough formations with a purulent discharge or suspected of them;
  • ingrown nails;
  • suppurative toes of the toes;
  • edema on one leg (regardless of the localization of edema), except for the joints;
  • coldness, numbness of legs;
  • intermittent claudication (i.e. pain in the legs, more often in the calf muscles that arise not at rest, but when passing 10 (20, 50, 100, 300, etc.) meters and these pains pass after when a person has a rest;
  • darkening of toes.

We hope that these recommendations will help you choose the right route to the appropriate doctor.

Consultations (22)

Lomova Violetta | 2016-04-04 18:51:55

Good day, Andrey! I'm 53g. v2008g, removed the uterus (fibroids), laparoscopic, cervix and ovaries ostavili.S2012g, worried about the pain in the abdomen, left, worsening every year, but every year periods zatyagivayutsya.V this year suffer pain for 9 mes.Ne can make an accurate diagnosis ( put ganglionevrit postherpetic) protuziyal4, l5poyasnichnaya 4mm, and cystitis treated 2 weeks ago in the hospital ... A neurologist has written the lyrics, voltaren, morality, amitriptyline-accept periodicheskiNo pains do not pass ... pain diffuse nature in his left side, groin, buttocks, given in the leg, knee . Can spikes Vat such pain? And how is this diagnosed? To what doctor to address? In 15 years removed appendicitis and after surgery on the uterus the doctor said that deleted coagulant adhesions (after appendectomy) Maybe this adhesive pain torment me? Tell me to whom to turn? Sincerely, Violetta

Andrei Podlipayev | 2016-04-05 13:52:04

According to your description of the spikes, this is not very similar.
But it is necessary to examine the large intestine.
To do this, you need to conduct an irrigography with barium or FCC. Together they will help to understand, whether it is valid the adhesive process or a pathology in a thick gut.
It will not hurt to undergo ultrasound of the vessels of the small pelvis, iliac vessels and ultrasound of the vessels of the lower limbs.
You see, if the treatment prescribed to you does not help, then apparently you have to look for another reason. And sometimes it is necessary to look for it by the method of elimination. Therefore, so many surveys should be carried out.

Top articles for the week