Swelling of the legs after the flight
In the morning you put on your favorite shoes, and by the eveningthey start to strongly reap you and deliver discomfort? But in the morning the legs were in excellent shape. All the blame - swelling of the legs - a phenomenon quite common these days. Such symptoms can be the consequence of the onset of the development of a variety of diseases. The main thing is to understand what is the reason and what to do?
Tight, well-groomed legs are an invariable attribute of feminine charm and attraction.
Algorithm of diagnostics: why do legs swell?
Brilliant Coco Chanel claimed: "Nothing is as old as a woman, as an expensive suit, and does not make it younger, like a light, rapid gait." And you can not argue with that! How can it hurt to tears (literally), when elegant shoes turn into real fetters in the evening, not giving a step. Almost every woman faces such unpleasant symptoms in her life. And if before the swelling of the feet worried more often than I give the mature age, then now the ailment is overtaken by young women.
As you know, a person approximately 70% consists ofwater. About 2/3 of the total fluid volume is inside the cells, 1/3 - in the intercellular space. An increase in the volume fraction of the latter is called edema.
In principle, if the health is okay, thenthe body independently regulates and removes the liquid. First of all, due to the venous system. The reasons for swelling of the legs. can be different - that's what determines the way the edema is treated. There are cases when absolutely no treatment is needed. For example, the stagnation of fluid in the legs and, as a result, the formation of edema may be caused by a prolonged static load: flight in the airplane, a prolonged sitting position (in a car, train, queue) or standing on its legs. As a rule, after rest, swelling of the legs goes by itself. This variant of leg edema occurs in all people in certain life situations and no treatment is required in this case. But if the legs swell regularly and for a long time, then this is a good reason to see a doctor.
Swelling of the legs can be a symptom of various diseases:</ STRONG>
- The reason is heart problems. As a rule, "cardiac" edema is always symmetrical. Appear in the evening and pass after sleep. Begin with the ankles, grasping gradually the region of the lower leg and thigh. The skin in the zone of the swelling is stretched, cold to the touch, pale blue. If swelling accompanies shortness of breath, as well as muscle weakness and pain in the right upper quadrant, urgently to the cardiologist.
- The reason is kidney problems. In this case, swelling on the legs appear against the back pain. And accompanied by a change in the color of urine, edema on the face in the eye area. Visit to the nephrologist is better not postponed.
- The cause is a violation of lymphatic drainage (lymphedema). Swelling is dense, occurs in the evening and does not go away withmorning. First, the ankle is affected, then the shin, sometimes the knee. Then another leg swells, but not so pronounced. To delay with visiting the phlebologist it is not necessary. "Elephant" is the last stage of the disease.
- The reason is premenstrual syndrome. Women may experience minor swelling in thelegs in the second half of the menstrual cycle. They are associated with hormonal imbalance and pass after the cessation of critical days. As a rule, feet and shins swell. It is better to consult a gynecologist-endocrinologist.
- The reason is pregnancy. Often swelling of the legs appear in later periodspregnancy (after 30 weeks). First, the feet and legs are swollen, then the process rises higher. Swelling of the lower extremities can develop and with nephropathy of pregnant (kidney pathology). As a rule, this is accompanied by an elevated protein content in the urine and hypertension. Methods of treatment are solved together with the attending physician-gynecologist.
- The cause is a violation of venous outflow. Swelling is usually mild or moderate in density. Typically, it manifests itself in the form of a trace from the gum golf or socks and captures the lower leg, the foot. If on the legs there were also vascular "stars", then this may indicate the onset of varicose veins. In time to appoint treatment, in order not to allow the process to progress, only a phlebologist can.
Moscow doctors conducted research and found that various diseases of veins are inherent in 62% of employees who spend whole days sitting in offices, with about 70% of them being women.
Legs in hands: get rid of leg swelling
Before you start to fight with edema of the legs,it is necessary to understand that edema is only one of the symptoms of the disease. It is necessary to solve the problem, but only within the framework of complex treatment of the underlying disease under the supervision of a doctor. Modern medicine today has a fairly wide range of methods of treatment and prevention of diseases that cause swelling of the legs.
- 1 Ointments and gels. These are the so-called Venotonics, whose actionis aimed at strengthening the walls of blood vessels and improving blood flow. The most effective drugs containing heparin sodium. They improve blood microcirculation, activate tissue metabolism, eliminating stagnant fluid. These funds are also good for use during flights and during holidays in hot countries to relieve fatigue and swelling from long trips and high temperatures.
- 2 Compression knitwear. It includes special knee-highs and tights. Preventive compression underwear can be worn without a doctor's recommendation. It is suitable for healthy people who are forced to stay on their feet or sit for a long time. But therapeutic knitwear is selected by a doctor strictly individually for a specific person, based on the parameters of the foot. You can buy products only in pharmacies.
- 3 Diuretics and herbal preparations. Any means should be selected only by a doctor. Some diuretics give a quick effect, but together with the liquid they help to remove potassium from the body, which can negatively affect the work of the heart. And taking a number of herbal infusions can provoke a sharp jump in blood pressure. In addition, diuretics should not be drunk before bedtime, the effect of taking the drug will reach its maximum at night and may cause insomnia. Treatment with diuretic herbs should be coursework. In no case can you apply charges constantly, this can lead to addiction and even cause dehydration.
- 4 Foot pressure therapy or equipment lymph drainage massage. It is both a wellness, anda beauty treatment that restores the fluid balance in the legs, normalizes the lymph flow, relieves edema of any origin and fatigue, and also helps to remove excess adipose tissue in the legs. Contraindications: pregnancy (from the 4th month), renal insufficiency, malignant tumors, lesions of small and large vessels in diabetes mellitus, skin diseases, the onset of the menstrual cycle.
- 5 Exercise stress. The most useful are water sports, firstturn, aqua aerobics: on the one hand, a person moves a lot, getting a good physical load, on the other - water puts pressure on the skin, not allowing the vessels to expand, and the legs swell. Help to prevent swelling of dynamic sports - running, skiing, biking, skating, and even simple walking.
Excessive enthusiasm for weight training withlifting of weights is contraindicated to people prone to edema of the legs. During such exercises, the muscles of the abdominal press contract, while the intra-abdominal pressure increases, passing to the lower vena cava, which collects blood from the pelvis and lower limbs. This leads to a worsening of the blood flow. If you really want to lift the bar, then you need to do this by wearing a compression jersey.
Beauty without casualties. And without swelling on your legs!
Prophylaxis of edema is the best way to treat them. Want to have a flying gait? Then start acting now:
- never sit on your leg
- it's better if most of the housework you do will be sitting, putting your feet on the chair next to it
- during sleep, put under your feet a cushion or pillow
- After showering, rinse your feet with cold water
- watch the weight, reduce salt intake in the diet, as well as fried, smoked food and alcohol, give up sweet soda water;
- take vitamins B, C, E. They strengthen the blood vessels and improve blood circulation
- if you have to sit at the table for a long time, then get up every 25-30 minutes to walk, stretch your tired legs, perform several exercises (for example, to roll the ball with a foot)
- move more. Hiking is the best way to avoid leg swelling. Do not stand on the escalator, but go up on foot;
- stop smoking - tobacco destroys not only the lungs, but also collagen, which is the main part of the structure of the walls of blood vessels;
- properly choose clothes, follow not only fashion trends, but also common sense - tight pantyhose, socks and shoes impede blood flow;
- Change shoes during the day, especially if you wear high-heeled shoes;
- let your feet rest during the day - take off your shoes, massage your feet, make them rotational movements, pull your socks away from yourself and to yourself.
Heels at 7 and 10 cm per eye look about the same. But shoes that lift you only 7 cm from the ground, bring much less harm than shoes with heels 8 and more cm.
Home remedies for leg swelling
The problem of swollen feet did not appear yesterday. For centuries of history, folk medicine has accumulated a huge number of useful and effective recipes how to get rid of this problem. The main thing is that at the heart of the funds are exclusively natural ingredients.
Infusions of herbs and medicinal drinks
- Of the leaves of white birch: 1-2 tbsp. Spoons of leaves insist in 500 ml of boiling water, drink half a glass of liquid up to five times a day.
- From parsley: 1 tbsp. Spoon of parsley pour 2 cups of boiling water, drink during the day on a tablespoon.
- From flax: take 4 tbsp. l. flaxseed for 1 liter of water, boil for 10-15 minutes, cover the pan and put in a warm place. Let it brew for 1 hour. Can not filter. For taste, add lemon juice or other fruit juice. Drink 1/2 cup after 2 hours 6-8 times a day. It is better to drink the infusion hot. The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
- Mix 0.5 cups of freshly squeezed carrot juice, cucumber juice and 1 lemon juice. Divide the drink into 3 divided doses and drink 3 times a day, diluting the portion with half warm boiled water.
- Take 50 grams of chamomile flowers and pour one liter of boiling water, let it brew for 3-4 hours in a warm place, strain. Infusion cool to 36 degrees and immerse the legs in it for 25 minutes.
- To prepare the broth you need to clean and masha large head of garlic, pour 500 ml of hot water and bring to a boil, remove from heat and let the broth brew until the water becomes warm. Rinse the feet with a decoction, and then rub into caviar and soles.
- Mix in equal amounts olive andcamphor oil, lubricate with this composition of the foot, well rub with massaging movements from fingers to knees. Then wrap each leg with a cotton cloth, and then with a woolen shawl (scarf, shawl) and leave it so overnight. This procedure should be done every day for a month.
- Rub a couple of tubers of raw potatoes on a shallowgrate and apply the potato slurry to swelling, from above, fix it with a bandage. Hold, while the legs are nice. Remember the large leaves of cabbage in your hands, put it on your leg. From the outside it should look as if you "bandaged" cabbage leaves of the foot and ankle. Secure cabbage wrap with gauze or bandage. Compress can be left until the morning.
Self-massage - excellent prevention of foot swelling
MARGARITA | 07/12/2012, 00:12:43
Legs swell because the freeblood circulation and lymphoma because the vessels squeeze the muscles of the twisted legs. Especially in the summer, the load on the muscles increases and the pressure on the vessels is stronger and the swelling is greater.
I advise you to take the course of MIROTOTHERAPY by Dr. Benditsky for restoring the shape of the legs and eliminating the skewing of the body and pelvis. After the first session, swelling will go away. And this is without any medications. I advise
About doing sports for some reason, do not write :) Swimming is very good. And after a contrasting shower, still thrombless to smear - edema very quickly come off.
Alain | 22.11.2012, 01:28:22
I work as a cook and by the evening my legs swell. 14 hours a day on legs. I am 20 years old. What can be associated with swelling?
The causes of edema of the legs are many. If they are observed in the evening after a long static load, and by the morning pass, this phenomenon is called PHLEBOPATHY - a functional state that is easily eliminated by an active lifestyle (pool, fitness) and wearing compression jersey.
Lily | 10/07/2014, 9:15:26 PM
my legs swelled with varicose veins, now the truth isthe doctor Detraleks has written out, swelling has passed, legs or foots at night have ceased to hurt or be ill; be sick. And before swelling was in the morning and evening. So, that if the legs swell, it is necessary to see a doctor, you do not need to clean up the effect of the illness, but the disease itself. Varicosis is certainly not treated, but its venotonicks can be perfectly restrained. And I agree with the last review of the pool is very good at helping, besides the water generally relaxes, so that I recommend.
Galina | 11/19/2014, 10:40:14
Has passed a complex technique by a technique of the doctororthopedist Benditsky I.E. on the treatment of ossicles on the legs without surgery. The idea of his technique is to eliminate the skewing of the pelvis and the torsion of the muscles on the legs, which compress the vessels and therefore swell the legs, and first of all the feet. Immediately after the first session, I saw a change in the bones on the foot, and subsequently quite quickly returned the normal shape of the legs and pitted on the feet. I liked it advise.
Irina | 10.12.2014, 12:51:57
I do not take any medicine to treat leg swellinghelps. From gels-allergy, from tablets is broken gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, I could not find the drug for myself. Accidentally I heard a conversation in the pharmacy about the drug Detraleks. When I advised the doctor, he also advised me Detraleks. And really there are no complications and violations. It is easy to take and released in pharmacies, it is without a prescription, and most importantly it helps. Its effect I experienced on myself and was very pleased.
Guest | 12/22/2014, 11:30:14 PM
Detralex he in general venotonik and it is goodhelps with diseases of veins. If swelling from varicose, then yes, it helps literally right away. So, first you need to find out the causes of edema, and there are actually a lot of them, including kidney problems. If for the veins the preparation is excellent, I take it myself, but I repeat I need to know what and what to drink and consult with specialists.
Serena | 03/02/2015, 02:25:01
I also constantly flushed legs (they swelled sometimes even to go painfully). I went to the polyclinic on the street. Flotskaya, 5A. There was a problem with the heart, which gave to the feet, here I am being treated.
Yulka | 10.04.2015, 12:03:14
My legs swelled, because the predisposition to varicose veins. Now for prophylaxis I treat my feet with cream-balm varicobuster. Legs became less tired and swollen. A good anti-varicose cream.
The user of the site Woman.ru understands and accepts that he is fully responsible for all materials published in part or in full by him using the service Woman.ru.
User of the site Woman.ru guarantees that the placement of the materials submitted does not violate the rights of third parties (including but not limited to copyright), without prejudice to their honor and dignity.
The user of the site Woman.ru, sending materials, is thus interested in their publication on the site and expresses his consent to their further use by the editorial staff of the site Woman.ru.
All materials of the site Woman.ru, regardless of the form and date of posting on the site, can only be used with the consent of the editorial office. Reproduction of materials from the site Woman.ru is impossible without the written permission of the editorial office.
The editors are not responsible for the content of advertisements and articles. Opinions of the authors may not coincide with the editorial board.
Materials placed in the "Sex" section are not recommended for viewing to persons under 18 (18+)
Online publication "Woman.ru" (Certificate of Mass Media Al No. FS 77-51007, issued by Roskomnadzor on August 27, 2012).
© 2005-2016 WOMAN.RU
All materials of the site Woman.ru, regardless of the form and date of posting on the site, can only be used with the consent of the site owners. Reproduction of materials from the site Woman.ru is impossible without the written permission of the editorial office.