Edema with sprains of ankle joints
To start with, the very term "stretching" byrelation to articular ligaments is not applicable. Any ligament consists of an inelastic connective tissue, which can not be stretched. But in everyday life, and in the professional conversations of traumatologists, it is customary to call a rupture of ligaments of the 1st degree, when the fibers of connective tissue are stratified.
We will not deviate from the usual terminology andlet's talk about the most effective methods of treating stretching. The main treatment methods and methods are considered using the example of sprain of the ankle joints.
The causes that lead to the sprain of the ankle are numerous. The most common is the podvorachivanie foot. Also promote stretching:
- a large load on the ankle, which provokes excess weight or carrying heavy loads;
- long walking on high heels;
- birth defects of the foot (flat feet);
- diseases that are accompanied by instability of the ankle joint - arthrosis, arthritis, resulting from transferred infections, metabolic disorders, etc.
With ankle sprainthere is a sharp pain, the joint swells. It's difficult to walk, a person can not exactly put a foot. Sometimes, due to a massive hemorrhage, a hematoma forms, the skin in the affected area becomes hot to the touch.
But in order to accurately determine the degree of stretching, visual inspection is not enough. If you go to a polyclinic, you will be assigned an additional examination and then the treatment is prescribed.
Its ultimate goal is the treatment of stretchingligaments has a complete restoration of the impaired motor function of the joint. But first of all it is necessary to eliminate pain and eliminate swelling of soft tissues. It is very important to provide first aid when stretching the ligaments - depending on how correctly it is performed, the further condition of the patient also depends.
Immediately after the injury should be maximizedto immobilize the joint, thereby freeing it from any load. After all, before the X-ray during the sprain of the ligaments, the fracture of the bones can not be completely ruled out. Immobilization is performed by shin splitting, the tire being applied not only to the ankle joint region, but also to the knee area. At home, you can use a plank or a flat branch in the role of a tire, which should be bandaged to the shin. If you do not have such devices at your fingertips, a pressing bandage from the foot to the knee will help immobilize the joint.
To reduce swelling and pain, apply cold tothe area of the alleged sprain. This simple procedure helps to significantly reduce pain. Remember that with widespread swelling, you can not apply warming ointments and gels, apply thermal compresses. Warm up the stretch area you can only after 2 days, when the swelling of the ankle joint will decrease.
If you are sure that the victim does not have drug allergy, you can give him painkillers - analgin, ketorolac, nimesil. And as soon as possible to deliver to the hospital.
What will they do in the polyclinic
First of all, they will hold an X-ray. If there is no fracture, and the picture clearly shows the sprain of the ligaments, the doctor will replace your home bandage and prescribe further treatment.
When stretching the ligaments of the ankle joint, doctors recommend:
- Limit the mobility of the ankle withusing a pressure bandage for up to 7 days. If there is a tension of 2 degrees, then on the ankle joint area a special fixing langet is imposed, which will be removed only after 10 days.
- From 2 days, the treatment of the ankle joint is prescribed with heat. From medicamentous preparations apply warming gels and ointments, such as ben-gay, finalgon, dolobene, etc.
- Treatment with analgesic pills or injectionswhen stretching the ligaments is symptomatic, i.e. It is used only for acute pain. To do this, use various analgesics, it is very important in the acute period not to exceed the permissible daily dose of the drug.
- Therapeutic exercises with stretches of ankle joints are prescribed for 2 - 3 days after injury. But to conduct it should be very carefully, under the supervision of a specialist.
- Physiotherapeutic treatment is used according to the indications. In the period of acute pain, it is not prescribed, more often it is started in the rehabilitation period.
To speed up the healing process, it is possible to treat ankle joint and at home.
What can I do on my own
A variety of folk remedies will come to the rescue of your injured ligaments. You can treat stretching with the help of lotions, compresses that are able to make your health feel great.
Well-known vodka compress. Apply it already from 2 days, and after a couple of days the swelling will decrease.
Milk compresses also have a curative effect. Before use, milk should be heated.
As a therapeutic lotion you can use:
- Honey mixed with vinegar;
- Raw grated potatoes;
- Grated onions mixed with large salt.
However, when using folk remedies forTreatment of sprains in the ankle joint should be followed with caution. Remember that the warming compress should not be applied more than 2 hours, and lotions should not be kept on the skin for more than 20 minutes. Even in case of successful treatment, walking difficulties can persist for 2 to 3 weeks, so be careful.