What you can drink with swelling of the feet
Edema is a problem of people of different ages, and it worries not only women but also men.
Often, swelling is a consequence of somedisease or an improper diet. And even if you are completely healthy, this problem can appear at the most unexpected moment. How to deal with swelling through nutrition, tell nutritionists.
What diseases are swelling?
The causes of edema can be very different, but often they indicate health problems. Edema appears on the body due to a large accumulation of lymph in the tissue gaps.
And edema can occur for the following reasons:
- Allergy - Allergy caused by an allergic reaction can lead to serious consequences, up to Quincke's edema. At the first symptoms of an allergic swelling should consult a doctor.
- Uncomfortable shoes - because of such trifles as high heels on the hairpin or inappropriate shoe size, the legs can swell quite heavily.
- Another common cause of foot swelling - varicose veins and metabolic disorders caused by stagnation of lymph. Especially often, these diseases occur in people who are overweight.
- Failure in the hormonal background and thyroid disease can lead to edema of the shins and tongue.
- Heart failure - one of the most common causes of edema.
- Kidney Diseases - with renal failure, as a rule, the back of the leg swells. The swelling itself can hurt and cause discomfort.
- Excess of salt in the body - excessive consumption of salt leads to a water retention in the body, because of which excess fluids appear in the tissues.
- Premenstrual syndrome and pregnancy - Women are familiar with this problem.
- Passive lifestyle.
- Drinking plenty of water in the evening - Many of us woke up in the morning with a swollen face, and this is just the result of an abundant drink before going to bed.
Nutrition rules for swelling - what can and is useful to eat to reduce swelling?
To reduce puffiness, it is necessary to eat properly and in a balanced manner. The diet should be saturated with animal proteins and foods rich in potassium.
To products that reduce edema, nutritionists include:
- Watermelon, cucumber, melon - these products have a pronounced purifying and diuretic effect.
- Celery, sorrel - due to the diuretic effect, not only relieve edema, but also lower the pressure.
- Beans - Especially effective in edema caused by cardiac or kidney diseases.
- Baked potato - rich in potassium, which helps to remove excess water from the body.
- Green apples - They are useful in swelling both in raw and in liver form.
- Oats - not only helps to get rid of edema, but also cleanses the body of harmful substances.
- Low-fat milk, kefir .
- Honey - if there is no allergy to this product, honey reduces swelling on the legs.
- Cottage cheese.
- Green onions.
What can and how to drink properly with fluid retention in the body - with severe swelling
For severe swelling, use should be minimized:
- Carbonated beverages
- Sweet concentrated juices
They all increase thirst and provoke an increase in puffiness.
The following drinks are most useful for edema: