Swelling of the legs in pregnant women in later periods
Waiting for the baby is not only interesting, but alsoa difficult time for any woman. This manifests itself not only in the psycho-emotional plane, but also in the physiological. In some, pregnancy passes easily, while others face certain ailments. Swelling of the feet during pregnancy, both late and early, doctors have always caused concern for the condition of the future mother.
The causes of edema of the legs and hands in pregnant women in lateterms can be covered both in the wrong diet or in a sedentary lifestyle, and in a dangerous disease - gestosis. Gynecologists explain the risk of swelling in late pregnancy with this disease - a violation of the system of physiological communication "mother-placenta-child." Gestosis results in the swelling of the placenta and the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the fetus. A consequence of this disease is a delay in intrauterine development. The future mothers who are pregnant for the first time, age over 35, expecting twins, smokers, suffering from chronic and venereal diseases, etc., are at risk.
To exclude gestosis to future women in laborit is recommended to observe your weight and legs. In late pregnancy, a sign of this disease is an increase in body weight by more than 500 g per week, and the absence of a decrease in swelling of the legs after a night's sleep.
How will get rid of edema?
If the legs swell strongly at the end of pregnancy, then there is a set of measures to reduce the swelling of the extremities:
- Change your diet. First of all, it is recommended to remove from it all salty foods and those that detain fluid in the body.
- Take the knee-elbow position. Swelling of the legs at the end of pregnancy can be reduced if the future mother will be on all fours and is in this position for 5-10 minutes.
- Make foot bathtubs. Remove the fatigue and swelling from the legs during pregnancy at the end of the day very well help contrast baths with hot and cold water. In them it is recommended to add a few drops of essential oil or salt for feet.
- Pair your legs in the herbs. Well helps herbal bath with chamomile, mint and birch leaves. To do this, all the ingredients should be taken in equal proportions (30 g per 1 liter of water) and pour boiling water. Insist for 1 hour and add the infusion, having first filtered it, into well-warm water. Then lower the legs into the solution and hold for 10 minutes.
- Massage with ice cubes. Swelling of the legs in pregnant women in later terms can be removed with the help of cryomassage. However, it is worthwhile to be prepared for the fact that without an assistant a woman is unlikely to be able to enjoy this procedure.
If the pregnant woman is concerned about the condition of her legs, thenhere it is worth asking for help from a doctor to find out the reasons. In the meantime, the trip to the hospital is only to improve the mood and swelling, treat yourself to a massage or contrasting foot baths.