Foot swelling of the cause photo
And for those who did not have time to broadcast, we choose the most topical recommendations.
How to check if your feet are swelling:
- press with force (and hold your finger) on the inside of the ankle or lower leg, over the bone. If, after you let go, the dimple remains and straightens slowly - your legs swell;
- if in the evening you can not wear the same shoes that were on you in the morning;
- if there are traces of battered rubber bands of socks.
Edema is the accumulation of fluid in the lower extremities, not in the vessels, but in the tissue.
The fluid can flow from the legs with the help of veins and with the help of the lymphatic system. Why is this not happening? Here are the three most common reasons.
- If the veins are dilated (there is varicose veins), the valves in them may not completely close, and the muscle thrown up by the muscles returns to the legs again. And there really sweat in the fabric. And you get swelling.
If you have only one leg swelling - most likely, varicose is to blame.
What to do: ultrasound examination of the veins will reveal the poor performance of venous valves.
- The second cause of edema is cardiacfailure. The heart pumps blood from the legs not intensively. When the cardiac output is disturbed, the kidneys begin to produce special substances that trap salt; Salt enters the tissues and draws liquid there.
Cardiac edema is always bilateral. On the legs, you can not see the tendons, or the vessels.
What to do: limit, and it is better to completely exclude salt from the diet. And treat the pathology of the heart!
- Swelling due to problems with the lymphatic system. Because of the violation of the outflow of lymph, the legs swell in a special way - there is the so-called "elephant leg", "elephantia". Usually this happens with one leg. But it happens on both at once.
What to do: consult a doctor for an examination.
Hiccup, hiccup, go to someone
The cause of hiccups is an involuntary contractiondiaphragm (dome-shaped muscle separating the thoracic cavity from the abdominal), as a result of which the exit of air through the closed vocal cords is accompanied by a characteristic sound.
Short-term hiccoughs can result from, for example, overeating.
Prolonged (more than 10 minutes) hiccups may be a symptom:
- hernia of the esophageal opening;
- heart or lung disease;
- cancer of the brain or meningitis.
Take a deep breath and hold your breath for as long as possible;
- lean forward and from the bent position drink water in small sips;
- Take a paper bag, exhale into it and hold your breath for a few seconds;
- swallow a spoonful of sugar;
- Sit down, sharply press your knees to the chest, take a deep breath and hold your breath.
If the hiccup lasts more than 10 minutes, take chlorpromazine and consult a doctor to find out the cause of her appearance and begin treatment.
See "Live healthy!" From Monday to Friday at 9.45. First
fb vk tw gp ok ml wp