Edema of the foot after a bruise a month later
Shin injuries happen often. The main cause of injury - injury during active games. People often get injured in the winter due to falls. There are also domestic shin injuries. This injury is characterized as a damage to the bones of the foot without compromising their integrity. Before you begin treatment of a shin injury, you need to establish the severity of the injury, so as not to harm.
- severe pain, which eventually begins to increase;
- swelling of the leg, which can be accompanied by blueness of the skin;
The main differences between a shin injury from a fracture:
- An accurate diagnosis is made by a doctor after an X-ray or an MRI.
- In case of a fracture, the patient can not step on his leg. He experiences acute pain at the slightest attempts to move a traumatized limb.
- In case of a foot injury, impaired motor function does not occur immediately. The patient initially feels a tolerable pain, which begins to increase only with time.
- It is necessary to impose a splint on the injured leg.
- To reduce swelling, ice should be applied to the injured area.
- It is necessary to immobilize the patient.
- The leg should be in an elevated state. So you can reduce swelling.
- In the first 24 hours after receiving an injuryit is necessary to make cold compresses to the bruised place. This will reduce pain, reduce bruising. For cold packs, use ice, which must be put in a sealed bag. Do the procedures every 20 minutes.
- 36 hours after the injury of the lower legbegin to warm up your leg. This promotes rapid resorption of the edema and hematoma. You can use iodine to warm up. Apply to the injured site "mesh" with a 0.5% solution of iodine.
- Use ointments and gels that relieve pain, contribute to the rapid resolution of bruising and swelling in case of bruises.
- If the hematoma or swelling does not disappear within 5 days, consult a doctor. He will find out the reason and will assign an additional course of procedures.