Edema of cerebral vessels symptoms
Dystonia of cerebral vessels is a complexSymptoms caused by a violation of blood flow, due to narrowing of blood vessels. As a result, the brain does not receive enough oxygen and nutrients. So the syndrome develops with a multitude of manifestations.
In dystonia of the vessels, patients usually have many complaints. Symptoms may be permanent, but may change. Among the numerous manifestations of the disease:
- General weakness, fast fatigue.
- Poor tolerance of weather changes.
- Pain in the chest, discomfort in the heart.
- Mental and physical exhaustion.
- Feeling of constant shortage of air, suffocation, shortness of breath.
- Palpitation, heart sinking.
- Headache, heaviness in the head.
- Feeling of heat in the head and face.
- A rapid reddening of the face, which can give way to pallor.
- Dizziness, noise in the ears.
- Unpleasant sensations in the epigastric region, stool disorders, nausea.
- Abundant and frequent urination.
- Fluctuation of blood pressure.
- Increased sweating or, conversely, chills.
- Trembling of the head, eyelids, fingers.
- Irritability, nervousness.
- Panic, fear, anxiety, mood swings.
- Women have poor health during menstruation.
- Attacks of panic attack.
- Propensity to allergies (urticaria, angioedema).
Depending on the manifestations of the dystonia of the vessels of the brain, four syndromes are distinguished:
- Tachycardic. It is more common in the elderly. It is characterized by an increase in the heart rate, an average of about 90 beats per minute, rarely can even reach 150 beats.
- Arrhythmic. Usually associated with hyperthyroidism, osteochondrosis, gallbladder diseases. In its manifestations resembles arrhythmias or myocardia.
- Cardiac. In this case, patients complain of pain in the heart, which can be stitching or aching. They occur periodically, both under physical exertion and in a calm state.
- Bradycardic. This syndrome is rare. It is characterized by a decrease in heart rate to 60 beats per minute and below. A person complains of dizziness, cold extremities, becomes irritable, nervous, can fall into fainting.
To determine the causes of vascular dystoniathe doctor needs to ask the patient about his lifestyle. It is the study of the anamnesis of life that will allow us to know why and how this syndrome has developed for a long time. The causes of dystonia can be many, and among them one should name the following:
- Stress that occurred as a result of the death of a loved one or another serious event that traumatized the psyche.
- Long-term presence in a state of psychoemotional stress (family troubles, problems at work and others).
- Hereditary predisposition.
- Focal infection, transferred earlier.
- Hormonal changes (pregnancy, puberty, menopause).
- A trauma to the skull, even the old one.
- Chronic infectious diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
- High physical activity (hard physical work, sport).
- Pressure of the neck vessels during osteochondrosis, as a result of which the supply of blood to the brain was disrupted.
- Radiation effect.
- Chemical intoxication.
- Incorrect food.
- The presence of bad habits.
- Lack of sleep, inadequate rest.
- Climate change.
When the first signs of a dystonia of the vessels of the brain appear, one should consult a doctor
What are the symptoms you need to see a doctor?
In vascular dystonia, it is important to start treatment on time. You should see a doctor if you have the following symptoms:
- edema of the face and eyelids in the morning;
- severe dizziness, appearing from time to time;
- drowsy condition;
- constantly arising headaches;
- a sharp change of mood.
To make the diagnosis, relying only on the patient's complaints, is impossible. There are several types of surveys to confirm the diagnosis. If a dystonia of the cerebral vessels is suspected, the doctor prescribes:
- laboratory tests: blood and urine tests;
- functional diagnostics: electrocardiography, duplex scanning of vessels of the brain and neck, transcranial dopplerography;
- performed in two projections, radiography of the spine: cervical, thoracic and lumbar;
- MRI of the brain;
- examination by specialists: cardiologist, endocrinologist, urologist.
Dystonia of the vessels of the brain must be distinguished from other diseases that have similar symptoms.
Before treating the dystonia of the brain vessels with medications, it is necessary to change the way of life
Many patients complain of manifestations of dystoniaOnly if there are emotional and physical loads, as well as with uncomfortable, for example, hot and stuffy weather. Therefore, the treatment is not so much in taking medication, as in adjusting the way of life and rejection of bad habits. It is very important to adhere to the optimal mode of work and rest, and also to change food preferences. Patients with vascular dystonia must adhere to the following rules:
- Must sleep at night and notStay up late at the TV or at the computer. Try to go to bed and get up at the same time. Before going to bed, you need to ventilate the room. It is advisable to sleep with an open window to ensure a constant supply of fresh air. At the time of sleep, all irritants must be eliminated. A bath with needles or valerian will help relieve fatigue and tension. For a better sleep, you can drink warm milk with honey. Do not jump sharply off the bed in the morning, it is recommended to lie down for a while, then slowly climb.
- Load yourself with physical work moderately, do not overexert yourself and do not overwork. If possible, avoid emotional stress.
- Often go to the fresh air. Make your daily walks a habit. Hypodinamia in vascular dystonia is undesirable, an active lifestyle with moderate loads is welcomed.
- Try to avoid stuffy and smoky rooms.
- Get rid of bad habits.
- Practice a contrast shower, which affects the blood vessels well.
- Change your eating habits. Do not drink strong tea and coffee, especially at night, replacing them with grass infusions. Give up fried, hot, fat. There are more fresh vegetables and fruits.
In some cases, medical treatment can not be avoided. In the dystonia of the vessels, the following drugs are prescribed:
- means, normalizing blood pressure;
- drugs that improve blood circulation;
In addition to drug therapy, with dystoniashows massage, physiotherapy, restorative procedures, therapeutic exercises, wellness baths. Treatment should be comprehensive. Often, with a healthy lifestyle and adjusted diet, medications are not required.
If there is a genetic predispositionto vegetative-vascular dystonia, that is the reason to carry out preventive measures from an early age. This is a rational diet, healthy habits, moderate physical activity, observance of the regime of the day, a proper rest.