Swelling of feet as treated at home
Dislocation of ankle by popularity give wayonly pain in the lumbar region. Lower extremities experience a heavy load, so they are injured very often. It happens like this: the leg is twisted, the ankle is swollen. What to do, than to treat? About this and talk.
- reloading of the joint;
- excess weight;
- sharp movement, fall, impact;
- uncomfortable shoes;
- circulatory disturbance.
Some people believe that injuries occurthose who lead an active lifestyle, so they try to protect themselves and do not go in for sports. Taking into account the peculiarity of the structure of the lower extremities, the restriction of the load leads to a weakening of the muscles, a reduction in ligaments, a violation of the blood flow. With atrophied muscles and short ligaments, the body weight is transferred to the bones, the joints experience overload. In addition to protecting the bone tissue and providing the function of movement, the muscles affect the blood circulation - cutting, they drive the blood to the heart. To reduce the load, otherwise the blood stagnates, develop vascular diseases (varicose veins, thrombosis, varicocele).
Therefore, any household push, fall, jump,impact lead to dislocation. When dislocated, the joint emerges from its normal position, the ligaments are stretched due to the rupture of microfibers, sometimes a wide rupture occurs.
What to do in case of dislocation
In the first minutes of dislocation, a person's pain can not be felt, the joint has left, then he has got into place and there is just a feeling of awkwardness.
When I twisted my leg, my ankle was swollen - thatdo? If the ligaments are good, elastic, then surely the gap will be minimal. As an aid, it is enough to reduce the load, remove the shoes, give a stop to rest. If possible, attach ice. In the case of a small edema, the ankle must be secured with an elastic bandage. In no case can the joint be heated, otherwise inflammation will begin, there will be pain and more serious treatment will be required. The joint is restored within 2-4 days. At this time, gels with a cooling effect are applied to the injured area.
But there are more serious injuries, then there are several symptoms:
- pain when resting on a sore leg;
- pain when flexing / unbending the foot;
- stiffness of the joint - the foot does not turn or turns with difficulty;
- pain when touching the ankle;
- swelling of the ankle;
- sometimes the temperature rises.
If it so happened that she tucked her leg up,much ankle, what to do, you need to know in advance. You should immediately help yourself: sit down, take off your shoes, lift your foot. Just do not bend at the knee - the blood should circulate freely. Know that the time you spend on restoring damaged ligaments depends on the actions in the first day.
What is forbidden to do after an injury?
Unfortunately, I twisted my leg and my ankle was swollen. What can you do, and what is absolutely not allowed? In this case it is forbidden:
- Pull, stab, beat and sharply pull the foot intrying to put the joint in place. Small dislocations become major injuries when domestic chiropractors try to help: they turn out the foot, pull, pull. As a result, the number of broken fibers increases, vessels that feed the joint are broken, tendons are broken, cartilages break, and cracks appear. As a rule, after a dislocation, the joint is automatically put in place, so the position should not be corrected.
- Apply a hot water bottle, take hot baths,go to the sauna, do compresses in the first two days. During the injury, along with the ligaments, blood vessels collapse. The liquid part of the blood spills, there is swelling and bruising. The first 48 hours there is a process of restoring blood circulation in tissues. If you heat the foot, the vessels can not recover - swelling will increase, the inflammation will spread to a larger area.
- Fix the foot with an inelastic bandage. If the foot is fixed with materials that will not allow the muscles to contract, they will transmit the vessels, then the healing process will take a long time with complications.
- Do not make a diagnosis. What you call a dislocation can be a closed fracture. Therefore, go to the emergency room for diagnosis and receive advice on treatment.
Actions in the first two days after the injury
I twisted my ankle, swollen my ankle - what can I do at home?
- Remove the shoes, lift the foot. The knee should not be bent.
- Place the ice on the joint area. Ice should be put in a pouch and wrapped in a towel so that the foot is not cold. The task is to cool, not freeze.
- If it hurts, take an analgesic. If you feel that the temperature rises, take antipyretic.
- Drink a light green tea. Green tea perfectly copes with inflammation, has an anesthetic and distracting effect.
- Apply ointment, gel or cream to relieve swelling and pain.
- Fix the foot with an elastic bandage. If there is no bandage, then you can temporarily fix the foot, wearing a few pairs of socks.
- Consult a physician. It is necessary to take a picture to exclude the presence of cracks, ruptures and fractures. The doctor will recommend the drugs and the actions with which the treatment will be faster.
Means that can be purchased at the pharmacy
There was a nuisance: twisted an ankle, swelled an ankle - what can I do? Folk remedies, of course, can be treated, but it is better to consult a doctor. On his recommendation, you can buy some funds that will help to remove inflammation, swelling and anesthetize:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that reduce swelling, relieve inflammation and pain: Ketonal, Fastum-gel, Naftalgin, Diclofenac;
- cooling agents based on menthol, camphor: "Bengin", "Troxevasin", "Menthol Ointment";
- for improvement of blood circulation, removal of inflammation, acceleration of regeneration processes and prevention of blood clots: "Heparin", "Lyoton".
When contacting an emergency station, patients with a dislocationit is often advised to apply a cast. Gypsum fixes the ankle, excludes the possibility of obtaining additional trauma. Some doctors believe that gypsum is necessary, while others say that when you dislocate you can get by with a bandage, because the development of joint mobility in plaster is impossible. A few weeks in the plaster poorly affect the muscles, ligaments and blood vessels.
She turned her leg and swollen her ankle. What to do, how to restore working capacity after an injury? After 2-3 days the swelling subsides, the pain becomes less. Now you can do hot compresses, perform physiotherapy.
It is very useful to apply warming ointments onthe basis of snake or bee venom. These ointments have a high penetrating ability, dilate blood vessels, improve blood circulation and blood supply: "Apizatron", "Viprosal", "Virapin". As an alternative, ointments based on vegetable ingredients will be useful: Kapsikam, Elakur.
It is necessary to return the mobility of the joint,start training, develop ligaments, performing joint development exercises. Exercises should be performed daily, sitting on a chair, at a slow pace, without sudden movements.
- Pull the sock to yourself, and then from yourself for 1-2 minutes.
- Put the heels together, and the socks apart. Tear off the heels from the floor and put them on the floor again for a minute. Do this exercise by putting the heels and socks together, and also putting the socks together, and the heels apart.
- After doing the exercises, sit on the floor,straighten your knees and pull your socks on yourself so that you feel the calf muscles and hamstring stretch (it should be unpleasant). Keep your back straight. Do the exercise three sets of 30 seconds.
She turned her leg and swollen her ankle. What to do? The main thing is not to panic! It is difficult to restore a damaged joint, in some cases it takes several months. But the success of treatment depends on the patient. Compliance with the doctor's recommendations, the use of ointments, physiotherapy, the performance of exercises to improve the elasticity of the ligaments and strengthen the muscles will return the joint to normal more quickly.