Medicine puffiness of the legs causes and treatment
The question of why the swelling of the legs arises and how one can fight this condition, worries sooner or later almost every person.
To say that only a violation of drinkingregimen or kidney damage causes accumulation of fluid in the subcutaneous fat tissue - it is unfair, because a doctor of almost any specialty can call diseases of "his" profile, in which there are swelling on his legs.
How and why there is swelling
If a person has swelling of the legs - the causesthis condition can be hidden in diseases of the circulatory and digestive, excretory and endocrine systems. It is worth remembering that a person as a separate biological species, which moves on two legs, there are physiological prerequisites for the formation of puffiness.
Blood flows much more easily to the distaldepartments of the lower extremities under the force of gravity and due to the pumping function of the heart. Its return to the heart requires much more effort, so the liquid part of the blood, its plasma, gets the opportunity to sweat through the vascular wall of small veins and capillaries, which is what causes the accumulation of fluid in the intercellular space and cellulose.
Swelling of the feet can occur both in the backgrounddamage to lymphatic capillaries and vessels, and in pathological processes in the blood vessels of the limbs - in some cases only a detailed clinical and instrumental examination of the patient can reveal the true cause of this condition and prescribe an effective treatment.
Attempts to independently seek provocativefactors and self-treatment, which does not take into account the state of the body, can provoke a sharp deterioration in the patient's condition - taking diuretics can cause disturbances in water-electrolyte metabolism, heart rhythm disorders and convulsions.
In the case when the swelling of the legs is causeddiseases of lymphatic or venous vessels, treatment of the underlying disease is required - in this case, drugs that restore normal vascular tone, improving metabolic processes in the vascular wall, can be prescribed.
In some cases, even the use ofantibacterial and antimicrobial agents for suppressing the infectious inflammatory process in the body (with erysipelas, lymphadenitis).
The cause of swelling of the legs canto become an inflammatory process or a malignant tumor in the pelvic organs or tissues of the lower limb - in this case, the spread of infection to the lymph nodes located in the groin area.
With the increase and consolidation of the lymph nodes,their compaction inevitably occurs the compression of lymphatic vessels and veins, which provokes stagnation in the tissues of the legs, which is why puffiness is formed.
In addition, swelling of the legs can be the resultinjury - in this case developing reactive changes in the tissues, which are located below the site of damage, the main manifestation of this state becomes dense edema and hematoma at the occurrence of breakage vessels of all sizes. Large bruises, especially in the case where a relatively large amount of blood enters the small area of tissue site, provoke and disrupt the normal blood circulation in the tissues due to compression of the larger neurovascular trunks.
Swelling of the feet can occur with the following conditions:
- hydromic edema - develop in violation of water and drinking regimen and kidney disease;
- edema with exhaustion - develop with diseases of the cardiovascular system and general eating disorders (protein-free);
- congestive swelling - with increasing vascular wall permeability and increasing pressure in the blood and lymphatic vessels and capillaries;
- mechanical edema - against the background of inflammatory diseases, injuries and tumors, often occur in the second half of pregnancy;
- Neuropathic edema - develop with combined lesions of the walls of blood vessels and nerves that innervate them (with diabetic or alcoholic polyneuropathy);
- allergic edema - often become a complication arising from the performance of intramuscular injections.
Symptoms that accompany edema on the legs and their treatment
Even if a person has swelling on his legsafter a long stay in the vertical position (with standing work), it is necessary to conduct a comprehensive examination of the patient - this symptom often becomes the first manifestation of inflammatory diseases of the veins of the lower extremities.
Varicose veins and conditions,developing as complications of this disease, lymphadenitis and lymphangitis (inflammation of the lymphatic vessels and nodes) are more common in middle-aged and older women, although in recent years, these diseases are often diagnosed in young girls too.
In this case, edema is accompanied by the appearance ofheaviness and elongation in the legs, which reach their maximum after a long stay on their feet and quickly disappear after resting in a horizontal position (best effect - with the raised leg of the bed raised or using a special footrest).
Effective for treatment will not beonly medicines, but also folk remedies. Useful will be hardening and pouring feet with cold water, gymnastics (her exercises need to be performed several times during the day as a warm-up), foot massage (manual and hardware). Useful herbs are medicinal herbs that have a venotonic effect:
- use decoctions and infusions of fruits and peelshorse chestnut (these preparations can be taken orally and used as compresses and grindings), as well as medicines, which contains escin - an active active substance contained in this plant;
- take in the broths and infusions, which include rose hips (improves the condition of the vascular wall), sporicha (increases blood flow in tissues), leaf or fruit of cowberry, birch buds;
- local application of funds enhancingblood circulation in vessels of small caliber - home-made ointments containing castor oil or a small amount of turpentine are effective, they are mixed with a normal nutritious cream or egg yolk. This mixture is rubbed into the legs, after which, to enhance the effect, it is necessary to wear tights or knee-highs.
If the patient, except for the heaviness in the legs and theirpuffiness, convulsions, a pronounced feeling of bursting, and on the surface of the skin visible enlarged and convoluted veins, it is necessary to consult a qualified vascular surgeon.
After a comprehensive examination, the doctor will be able to prescribe an effective treatment, which will use not only the means of alternative medicine, but also medicines.
They can also be administered orally or locally -the duration of the course of treatment for each patient is selected individually. In this case, the question of how to relieve swelling of the legs and prevent the progression of changes, doctors respond that it will be effective to wear special compression underwear (preventive or curative).
In all other cases, puffiness on the legscan be eliminated only if the causes of its emergence are eliminated. It is necessary to effectively and effectively treat the disease that caused edema - depending on this, various medications, physiotherapeutic procedures or surgical interventions may be prescribed.