Signs of puffiness of the legs
Once again, we note the causes of swelling of the legs in womenare very different. The root of this unpleasant condition can be quite harmless and easily eliminated, but it can be a serious disease that does not suffer from delay in treatment.
Many women (especially middle-aged) areend of the labor day complain about the phenomenon of swelling, tension, tenderness in the area of the feet and legs. According to them, the legs "buzz", "as if poured." The reason for this is edema. They represent tissue stagnation of the fluid, which arose due to a failure of its outflow (mainly - venous). To restore the old lightness and grace to your legs is possible. The main thing is to find the right reasons out of the following.
Causes of swelling of the legs in women
- Neglect of physical activity, staticoffice work, abundant salt intake (including salted food), frequent long flights, regular weight lifting, extra pounds, chronic stress, wearing uncomfortable clothes and shoes, and heat - any of these factors can cause swelling of the legs. Carefully take a closer look at your lifestyle, working and recreational conditions.
- Thrombosis, varicose veins of the lower extremities and thrombophlebitis. A phlebologist will come to your aid.
- Articular arthritis.
- Consequences of trauma.
- Factor of heredity. Swelling of the legs is more typical for women.
- Heart failure.
- Hypoproteinemia (reduced content of blood proteins).
- Inflammatory processes (cellulite and osteomyelitis).
- Diseases of the lymphatic system (eg, filariasis).
- Lack of kidney function.
- Different types of anemia.
- Allergic reaction.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Therapy in some groups of medicinalpreparations. They include: drugs of hormones (including steroid), tricyclic antidepressants, drugs for the treatment of diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Pregnancy. Edema is characteristic for the second half of pregnancy, especially for the third trimester.
Look at yourself again
Each puffiness of the legs is individual. Carefully analyze your condition and note the absence or presence of the following symptoms. This will greatly facilitate the choice of diagnostic measures and the further establishment of a correct diagnosis.
Accompanying puffiness of feet signs
- Temporary or permanent puffiness. The second option requires an early application to a medical facility.
- One-sided or bilateral swelling of the lowerextremities. If only one leg swells, the doctor will suspect that you have progressive traumatic consequences, inflammatory processes (for example, arthritis) and problems from the venous or lymphatic network.
In case of swelling of both legs, they talk about the diseases of the kidneys, heart, anemia and the wrong way of life.</ li>
Briefly about edema in pregnant women
One of the difficulties of the "interesting situation"are swelling of the legs. They arise because of total hormonal changes in the body, increase the volume of circulating blood, and pressure of the growing uterus on nearby veins. A pregnant woman can not ignore the fact of edema and you need to know one simple trick - if you press a swollen leg area a fossa is formed that aligns for a few seconds, then this is the right signal for an early referral to the doctor.