Whether there is an edema of legs or foots after normodipina
As you know, pregnancy and childbirth arephysiological processes for a woman, but changes in the hormonal system and blood composition, as well as increased pressure in the vessels of the limbs can lead to edema on the legs during pregnancy and in the postpartum period.
Check whether there are swelling of the legs, you can by pressing on the skin, in case of accumulation of excess fluid in the tissues, the skin will remain a pit from the pressure.
Varicose veins, kidney diseasecan provoke swelling of the legs, heart failure, lack of protein in the diet and thyroid disease are also included in the list of reasons why excess fluid is retained in the body.
For pregnant women, small swelling of the legs is a variant of the norm, they arise against a background of altered hormonal background and increased stress on the veins due to excess weight.
With healthy blood vessels, the woman's legs swell after the birth of the baby, but it happens that after the birth, they become even more. This is due to a malfunction of the venous valves.
Exposed pregnant women and women who have thrombosisdeep veins on the lower limbs (clotting of the blood vessel and blood flow disturbance), which is associated with stagnation of blood and its thickening as a result of the "preparation" of the body for blood loss in childbirth. To form and attach a thrombus, you also need damage to the internal vascular wall. During pregnancy, it is possible because of a cold, vaginal examination or an autoimmune disorder. The risk of developing venous thrombosis rises during delivery, especially with caesarean section.
Physiological postpartum swelling of the legs usually pass independently and no treatment is required. You can accelerate this process if you follow simple recommendations:
- use a contrast shower for the legs;
- massage feet with ice cubes;
- drink the collection of herbs with a diuretic effect (sporesch, horsetail, birch buds);
- drink less liquid in the evening;
- to sleep with raised legs.
If the legs are swollen, special exercises can be performed to improve blood flow in the limbs:
- rotation of feet inside and out;
alternation of compression and dilution of toes;
- lifting from the floor with bare feet of a pencil or any other small object;
- jumping on socks and standing on the socks for several seconds;
- Extension and flexion of fingers (sharp).
If the swelling does not go away for 3 weeks, orworried about the severity, pain in the legs, should go to the doctor to see a phlebologist. You should not hesitate to visit a doctor with unilateral swelling, as well as swelling and redness of the legs.
Most likely, the doctor will recommend to undergo duplex angioscanning of veins, which will help to determine the condition of the vessels of the legs (surface and deep).
Such a procedure is desirable for all women who give birth, especially those who have additional predisposing signs:
- age over 35 years;
- smoking and taking hormonal contraceptives;
- presence of varicose veins in family members;
- cramps of calf muscles, heaviness and pain in the legs.
Depending on the reason for the formation of edema, the physician will select therapeutic agents aimed at strengthening the vascular wall and improving the flow of blood.
Do not engage in self-medication, because it can adversely affect the health of the mother and baby.
To prevent swelling of the legs after childbirth is possible, for this during pregnancy you need to follow simple but effective recommendations:
- alternating the load and rest, massage the feet;
- sleep better with slightly raised legs;
- reduce the intake of liquid and salt, especially in the evening;