Ointment from swelling of the legs with varicose veins
Many patients are not serious aboutof varicose veins, as long as it does not begin to manifest a cosmetic defect, that is beginning to emerge spider veins and leg ulcers. But the spider veins are already the second stage of the disease, and it is necessary to start treating the disease as early as possible.
Clinical manifestations of varicose extension of the legs
- 1. Heaviness in the legs, intensifying by the evening,</ li>
- 2. Boles in calves and ankles,</ li>
- 3. Wastewater,</ li>
- 4. Puncture and numbness of the legs,</ li>
- 5.The skin,</ li>
- 6. Darkening of the skin,</ li>
- 7. The appearance of vascular asterisks,</ li>
- 8. Closed ulcer,</ li>
- 9. Open sore.</ li>
Treatment of varicose veins is necessarybegin already at the stage of pain and heaviness in the legs, but patients do not take this symptom seriously. Most of all, this applies to women who simply attribute these symptoms to normal fatigue, especially if the woman wears heels. However, it must be remembered that "banal" heaviness in the legs may be the first bell for varicose veins.
The main cause of varicose veins is a violation of the hemodynamics of the veins of the lower limbs, that is, a decrease in blood flow. This can be due to several reasons:
- 1.Hyperdynamics of the muscles of the lower limbs, abdominal and buttocks. Blood in the veins is pushed through the contraction of the muscles that surround the veins. If they are in a relaxed state for a long time: during hypodynamia, anesthesia, prolonged lying in the supine position, the blood flow slows down, blood clots begin to form, the veins themselves expand, and varicose disease develops.</ li>
- 2.Blood does not return back through valves that open, flow venous blood, then close, preventing it from returning. With any problems with the valves: inflammation, heredity, trauma, congenital anomalies, insolvency, the blood again begins to stagnate in the veins and progresses to varicose veins.</ li>
Due to the fact that the veins are overstretched,overflowing with blood, there is a traumatization of the vessels, the walls of the vein are thinned, and the valves cease to close tightly. The pressure in the veins increases, because of what the vascular wall begins to expand, so the vascular asterisks form.
All these changes imply further developmentthrombi in the area of injured walls, and this is a complication of varicose veins, and a closed circle, because clots also contribute to the increase of varicose veins.
What to do with varicose veins?
The pathogenesis of varicose extension of the legs is necessaryunderstand in order to understand the methods of treatment of this disease. One of the most common drugs is heparin ointment for varicose veins. Therefore, it is necessary to understand when it is possible to use ointment for legs from varicose veins, what contraindications are and how it works.
Indications for the use of ointments for the treatment of varicose veins
Heparin ointment is used in the early stagesvaricose disease, when the patient feels pain and heaviness in the lower extremities, itching, redness, swelling and the appearance of vascular asterisks and enlarged veins.
Heparin prevents the formation of blood clots, removesedema, resolves already formed thrombi, normalizes microcirculation. Heparin is gradually absorbed through the skin into the blood, where it begins its work.
When you can not use ointment against varicose veins
- 1. At the stage of open ulcers,</ li>
- 2. The presence of damage to the skin,</ li>
- 3.Allergy to any local anesthetics,</ li>
- 4. The ointment from varicose during pregnancy is also not recommended.</ li>
- 5. Breastfeeding.</ li>
Complications, which can give heparin ointment with varicose veins.
- 1. The main complication is bleeding, if the ointment is applied directly or in dangerous proximity to an open ulcer or cut, a crack.</ li>
- 2.Allergic reactions - the composition of the heparin ointment includes benzocaine, which can cause a similar complication.</ li>
- 3.Pushchivanie and burning that pass themselves.</ li>
How to apply heparin gels and ointments for varicose veins?
Gel from varicose must be applied regularly 3 times a day for two weeks. To apply it is necessary on a zone of the changed vessels or asterisks, on an open ulcer ointment is not put.
In conclusion, let us say that heparin ointment, thisvery good ointment from varicose, despite the fact that it is not expensive. The composition of any modern ointment from varicose is heparin, so the clinical effect of heparin ointment is the same as with the use of modern expensive medical gels from BPV.