Ointment from swelling of legs during pregnancy
Ointment for swelling in pregnancy
Unfortunately, pregnancy is often accompanied by such an unpleasant phenomenon as swelling of the legs. Every second expectant mother encounters discomfort caused by edematous processes in the limbs.
If their cause is not hidden in seriousdiseases of internal organs (cardiovascular system or kidneys), ointment from swelling during pregnancy in combination with diuretics is an effective tool for fighting swelling.
The anti-edematous effect is obtained as a result of strengthening the walls of capillaries and small vessels, through which the fluid leaks from the blood into the tissues.
Additional impact - improvement of blood circulation, protection from inflammatory processes and anesthesia.
Types of ointments and recommendations for their use
Ointment from oedemas is quite a lot. Some are produced on the basis of natural raw materials, some based on synthetic chemical compounds.
In each case, you should strictly follow the instructions for use and do not overdo it in their application. Otherwise there is clogging of the pores of the skin and the appearance of additional troubles with the skin.
- Troxevasin. The basis is trokserutin. This substance has a complex action - decongestant, cooling, analgesic, angioprotective and anti-inflammatory.
- Heparin ointment. The active substances are heparin, anesthesin and benzyl ether. In addition to removing swelling, this ointment improves blood circulation and resolves microthrombi.
- Essaven Gel. It is made on the basis of heparin, escin, sodium salt and neutral filler.
- Venitan. The basis for the drug is sodium heparin, which is similar to the action of heparin ointment and essanene gel.
- Lyoton 1000. The basis is extract from horse chestnut. The risk of allergic reactions of the skin with the use of venitin for fighting swelling is the lowest compared with the application of other ointments.
All of these drugs have side effects, and they should be used cautiously.
Compliance with the instructions for use andconsultation with a doctor at the first manifestations of skin problems will protect against possible complications and help minimize discomfort from swelling during pregnancy.