Edema of the neck in a baby in the womb
Nasal edema in the child occurs for various reasons. Edema occurs as a result of a strong influx of blood into the nasal mucosa. Mucous swelling, accompanied by inflammatory processes.
Nasal mucosa performs a roleprotective barrier against the entry of various infections into the internal organs of man. Edema of the mucous membrane is, as it were, a signal that the organism is fighting against negative substances, disorders. They provoke the flow of blood to the problem site, which needs help from the body.
Nasal edema in the child: causes
There are the following inducing moments of edema of the nasal mucosa of children:
- Allergy - is quite commoncause of development of nasal swelling. The fact is that the nasal mucosa does not perceive certain substances, considering them incompatible with the body. There is a reaction in the form of swelling. The main allergens are wool from animals, dust, pollen of flowers, bird fluff. Usually, after a short time after undesirable contact with the allergen, there is itching in the nose, sneezing, copious discharge of tears. Then comes edema, which prevents normal breathing, the perception of odors; the child begins to talk in the nose.
- Infection - is spread by pathogens: viruses, bacteria. If you get an infection, sneezing starts, a copious flow of clear liquid from the nose. This occurs as a result of contact with the damaged surface of mucous bacteria that cause inflammation. Gradually, instead of clear liquid from the nose begins to emit a mucus of yellow or green. With infections, puffiness is small. Problems with breathing arise from the clogging of mucus in the nasal cavity.
- Adenoids are the tonsils in the nasopharynx. If there is an inflammatory process, adenoids react with hypertrophy. Characteristic features of inflamed adenoids: snoring or sniffing in a dream, runny nose, unsuccessful in healing, coughing at night, worsening of the hearing aid, the need to open your mouth for effective breathing.
- Sinusitis - inflammation of the paranasal sinuses. This disease develops as a result of poorly conducted treatment of various inflammations and infections of the body. The child, in addition to swelling of the nose, lays in the nasal passages, breathing is difficult, in the region of the maxillary sinuses, when pressed, pain appears. When the head is tilted near the forehead, eyebrows also have painful sensations. Sometimes there is a temperature. This is due to the formation and accumulation of pus in the sinuses.
- Polyps are a hypertrophic conditionthe nasal mucosa. They occur gradually, against the background of frequent negative effects (allergies, infections). Sometimes the structure of the nose (curvature of the nasal septum) also affects the appearance of polyps. In the beginning there is a runny nose, general malaise, appetite decreases. Then the sense of smell disappears, the child snores in a dream, the attention, memory worsens, since the brain does not receive enough oxygen for its activity. The child is forced to breathe through the mouth, there is a noise in the ears.
- Physiological rhinitis - observed innewborn children. The mucous membrane of the nose of newly born babies is not yet able to perform its functions fully. If you do not need to breathe in the womb, at birth, breathing is the first necessity for life. Edema in the nose in the child occurs due to incomplete, insufficient formation of respiratory functions at the time of birth.
As a result of injury to the nose, it is also possible the appearance of swelling of the mucosa. You may experience nasal bleeding, a swelling and bruising are observed in the area of the injury.
There are cases when ingestion of foreign objects and small particles into the cavity of the nose causes swelling as a result of irritation of the nasal mucosa.
Diagnosis of edema in children
It is necessary to seek the advice ofspecialists immediately after the onset of swelling, runny nose, trouble breathing. On the basis of the initial examination, various analyzes are additionally assigned to establish an accurate diagnosis: a rhinoscopy, a x-ray of the nasal sinuses, computed tomography, otoscopy. Therapeutic therapy of puffiness should be carried out strictly according to the doctor's recommendations.
To remove allergic edema of the nose, in the firstthe queue needs to eliminate the cause of the allergy - a certain allergen that caused the body's reaction. If this is not possible, there are special nasal drops that have vasoconstrictive properties, or drops containing corticosteroids. In addition, antihistamines are prescribed.
When infectious puffiness is recommended to take anti-infectious agents, interferon, drops on sea water. Treatment of bacterial swelling consists in taking antibiotics.
To get rid of adenoid edema, you needinitially cure pathology. Usually the problem of adenoids goes by itself, when the child's skull develops to the full by 7-8 years, breathing becomes full, as the size of adenoids come back to normal. In the event that adenoids remain inflamed even after treatment, surgical intervention is necessary, since the narrowness of the nasal passages does not allow the child to fully breathe.
Treatment of sinusitis consists in lavagea special technique with the help of medicinal solutions, as well as in the preparation of antibiotics. In exceptional cases, puncture of the maxillary sinuses is performed.
Polyps - in these cases are struggling with the truecauses that caused hypertrophy of the mucosa. Removal of polyps by the surgical method is necessary at their large sizes, in the absence of results of treatment of diseases that caused the formation of polyps.
The physiological rhinitis of newborns is treatedweak hypertonic solution. Puffiness, which appeared as a consequence of trauma, is cleaned with cold lotions to the place of injury. Usually after 2-3 days everything passes.
If a nasal cavityforeign body, it is necessary to remove it. Removal is undesirable to produce independently, as with incorrect attempts to remove a foreign object can be pushed into the interior of the nasal passages. Only a doctor can provide qualified assistance.
In conjunction with the main methods of treatment on the recommendation of a doctor, it is possible to undergo physiotherapy: phonophoresis, electrophoresis, reflexology, inhalation, UFO.
Children today are very often sick for various reasons, so parents need to try to improve and strengthen the protective immune function of the child's organism in every possible way.
Tempering the baby's body favorablyaffects his health, vitality. In the off-season it is recommended to give the child complexes of vitamins and minerals, which are necessary for full development. Active games, outdoor walks, classes in various circles, sections are complementary positive factors in strengthening health.